The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Half-Stack miracles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
When Mnemonica first came out, the reviews in Magic and Genii hinted that the greatest memorized deck effects are in the 2nd half of the book dealing on the Half-Stack. The reviewers did not want to tip the effects they thought stood out in this section.

Does anyone want to share their thoughts on their favourite Half-Stack effects?
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Although I don't remember any of Half-Stack tricks in the book, the following effects can be nicely performed with Half-Memorised Stack.

'Lazyman's Card Trick'. (For this, quarter Stack can be used).
'Kruskal Principle' effect. (For this, memorising is not needed).
'Move a Card'.
'Guessing 2 selections by Free Cut Principle'.

The merit of Half-Stack is that you can shuffle half of the deck. After shuffling half deck, I Faro shuffle the deck and get 'Interweaved Half Stack' and can use it for some nice effects.

Hideo Kato
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
Regular user
MN
105 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
Hideo, can you list a source that discusses the 'Interweaved Half Stack'?

Because I have a whole chapter in my new ebook (BAM!) that discusses this - but I'd never seen any other
discussion of it.

Thanks! Smile
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I found it myself. Interlocking Stack is expalined in "THE VERNON CHRONICLES VOL.3 (STEPHEN MINCH, 1989)". Though it is a little different from 'Interweaving Half Stack' I mentioned.

If you can inform me by PM what you are going to include in your coming ebook, I will be pleased to help you with my creations or knowledge.

Hideo Kato
MagicMonkey#3
View Profile
New user
New Orleans
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMonkey#3
Specifically from the book Mnemonica, his weighing the cards routine is very nice as well as he trick TNT. Absolutely brilliant.
"For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."-Dunninger
Eric Richardson
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Eric Richardson
I enjoy performing "Neither Blind Nor ..." fron Mnemonica. This is a great trick with the half-stack.
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Pit Hartling's "Unforgettable" is absolutely amazing.

And you only use A QUARTER of the mnemonica!!!
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Half-Stack miracles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL