The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » Classes Now Forming - Magician's Assistant School! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
John B. Pyka's Flip-Side Productions announces registration for Magician's Assistant School. The first class will be offered April 21st 2007 in Nashville, TN, with 5 additional classes being offered every 3rd Saturday of the month through Oct 2007.

John Pyka is an award-winning magician, director and choreographer with over 20 years professional stage experience. In this workshop John will discuss and teach fundamentals of being an outstanding magician's assistant.

The 4 hour sessions will cover

Showmanship and Stage Presence
Poise and Confidence
Finding Your Distinct Character
Costuming and Make-up
Becoming a Performance Partner
Body Image, Health and Nutrition
Techniques For Dealing With Conflicts With Your Magician
Brutally Honest Critiques and Specific Steps to Fix or Improve Problem Areas
Round Table Discussions.

That is a lot of Meat & Potatoes! And best of all, the cost is only $25 per participant. John has also arranged for special rates at a nearby hotel for students traveling from outside of TN. But hurry, registration is limited to 10 performers! You may register by calling John at 615-480-8946. Payment may be made by Check, Cash or PayPal.

About John Pyka...

John has 20 years experience on stage as well as just as many offstage as a director and coach. For 7 years he moonlighted as a Marketing Director for a major Nashville record label, and was even a talent scout for the first season of America's Next Top Model! John has the knowledge, experience and talent to help you become the best performer you can be. Whether your desire is to be the next music superstar, or an award-winning illusionist, or even to just work steady as a professional model, John can help.

Experience:
• 20 year veteran of stage & screen
• MTV's Spring Break
• A&E's An Evening At The Improv
• ABC's The Boys Next Door
• Broadway musical Closer Than Ever
• Carnegie Hall - Fuare's Requiem
• National award-winning singer
• Regional award-winning actor
• International award-winning magician

Expertise:
• Casting Director for numerous projects
• 20 year live event producer
• Talent Scout - America's Next Top Model
• A&R Director - Clydesdale Music Group
• Marketing Director - MCD/Freedom Records
• Author - Swingin' At The Roxy
• Author - Theatrical Magic - The Book

Endorsements:
Look at what some of John's students/clients are saying:

"John Pyka is a creative genius. He has always been able to analyze problems that I face and find creative and workable solutions."
- Jason Michaels, Contemporary Illusionist

"John gave me the support and encouragement to pursue my creative vision. With his guidance I took my performance to a new level."
- Arista Collins, Dancer

"John B. Pyka is the best thing to ever happen to me!"
- Angela Funovits, Miss Teen Cleveland

"Before any song I write gets recorded, John hears it first. I trust his advice and insight."
- Jamie Slocum, Curb Records recording artist

"John Pyka is full of charisma and has astounding self esteem. It is almost impossible for his strong personality not to have an effect on anyone. He has definitely been a huge influence in my life. John has helped me to strengthen my self esteem and there is no doubt that I owe him for everything I have learned about performing. The knowledge he has gained in his many years of performing has had nothing but a positive influence on others."
-Krista Chilton, Dancer

"John Pyka is full of spirit and willing to share his knowledge of Entertainment to give you that boost you need to raise your confidence, give necessary critique,and to take you to the next level!"
-Lonny Divine, Illusionist

Visit http://www.flip-side.com for more info!
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Those in the Nashville magic scene know John well. He goes beyond doing tricks, focusing the effect as part of a character doing the impossible. He's slightly unusual, which makes him tops in my book.

If you are even slightly considering this series, you owe it to yourself to at contact John.

Dave
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
FYI - this is a "Heads up". John is based out of Nashville, TN yes...But no matter where you are if you work with an assistant in your show it would be money well INVESTED into your show for her to have this training. This is no matter where in the states or world you are and perform! This is an investment in YOU.

Robert Jones
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

That is why I priced the workshop so low - so that magicians anywhere in the US or the World could afford to send their assistants. I have set up a special hotel rate with a hotel less than a mile from my workshop space, so it is a very affordable investment!

Posted: Apr 13, 2007 11:55am
The first class is almost full! - I have two spots left. If you have an assistant that you would like to take this class, then now is the time!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Well, how did it work out?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Went really well! Doing it on location for performers or clubs who are interested...
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
That's good news. And doing it in different locations makes sense.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
fefe_fontane
View Profile
New user
Dallas/Los Angeles
46 Posts

Profile of fefe_fontane
Hey if you're ever interested in having a female instructor, let me know:-)
A.C.D
214-952-7171
Magician's Assistant~Actress~Dancer~Model
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'm looking for a Assistant for Labor Day Weekend BDC can you put me in Contact with any one ?
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-01-13 06:41, The Donster wrote:
I'm looking for a Assistant for Labor Day Weekend BDC can you put me in Contact with any one ?

Contact Krista Chilton at mrsdirection@yahoo.com.
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » Classes Now Forming - Magician's Assistant School! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL