The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Which packet tricks can be fully inspected? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Hi folks,

Tried searching for this info, but was getting dizzy trying to sort through all the hits that were close to what I wanted but not on the money. Obviously I'm looking for packet tricks that can be fully inspected. So far I know that NFW and B-Wave are not. Are there other packet tricks with similar effects that can be inspected that you know of?

Thanks so much.

Peace and all good...
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Take a look here.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=2

Some are commercial packet tricks and some use cards from a regular deck.
The Hitchhiker
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of The Hitchhiker
Monte routines are, also there are many PT's where you can adjust the handling a little and give a perception that they are examinable at the end of a routine, if working on a table spin doubles showing both sides and place those close to you, place genuine singles in front of spec chances are they will pick up those in front and be happily convinced.

Jason.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
For sure,
Cascade by Roy Walton
Color Monte by Jim Temple
And the list goes on..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
You can find TWICE , a trick I submitted in Antinomy 8, the trick is done twice and everything is examinable: 2 packets of 4 aces, 2 differents aces chosen, they have odd backs, and then you do it again and you end clean.

Jacques Terrien
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Thanks everyone.

Jaz,

Wow, great resource for an oldie but noobie like me. I guess I missed it because I was concentrating on the threads under the Deckless forum and missed it! Now I can also make sense of the trick name abbreviations as well, yippee!

Thanks again to you all.

Peace and all good…
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Dr. Daley's last trick is examinable. That is one of my favourite packet tricks.
Leppy
View Profile
Regular user
Eden Prairie, MN
161 Posts

Profile of Leppy
Aldo Colombini has a video out with several packet tricks from a regular deck and even shows how to start and end clean on a few of them.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
You need to clarify what you mean by fully inspectable? I use Capitulating Queens to great effect and it can be examined at the end if need be by removing the gaffed card at the end by way of a gamblers cop.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
175 Posts

Profile of Pathian
Danny Archer's Eye Exam is examinable if you use the Paul Harris variant handling that comes with the instructions.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Derek Dingle's "Too Many Cards".
Uses cards from a regular deck.
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
Virginia city shuffle and twisting the aces
are ones I do that can be examined

Paul
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Queens Out of Control is about the best value one for examinability by comparison to the amount of magic that's going on!
Mike_A
View Profile
New user
Bristol, UK
27 Posts

Profile of Mike_A
Another vote for Cascade. Rainbow Cascade (holographic backs) was the first trick I ever bought. Wandered in to Davenports in London one afternoon years ago and Rainbow Cascade was one of the effects demoed by the sales staff.

Bought it and spent the train journey home learning the Elmsley Count. I was so engrossed that I completely missed my stop and had to be picked up by my wife from the next stop long the line!

Mike
ghageman
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ghageman
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 04:37, Roger Kelly wrote:
Queens Out of Control is about the best value one for examinability by comparison to the amount of magic that's going on!

I have to agree that Queens Out of Control is one of the best packet tricks you can get. The ending is great and audiences love it. Plus it is totally examinable. I also use Twisting The Aces and Reset together which are both great tricks as well.
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
Quote:
On 2007-03-26 14:59, Iceman90 wrote:
Dr. Daley's last trick is examinable. That is one of my favourite packet tricks.

I second this! This is a fantastic looking effect. I tend to look at it as an incredibly visual 2 card transposition effect(ala Two Card Monte, for the new boys here)
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2007-04-02 06:49, Mike_A wrote:
I completely missed my stop and had to be picked up by my wife from the next stop long the line!

Mike, you didn't end up in Wales did you?!! Smile
ambassador365
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
I'd second "Virginia City Shuffle"... Here's a description from "Magic Talk"...

"... A 'Monte' effect... It's basically a non-gaffed version of Martin Lewis's "Sidewalk Shuffle", meaning that the cards can be immediately examined after the effect is over if necessary. Four cards are shown, three are blank cards and one is the ace of clubs. You can probably guess most of the rest, i.e., the audience is told to follow the ace and watch where it goes, but they're always wrong. However, at the end, three ace of clubs appear, leaving only one blank card"

This one actually fooled and amazed my wife!! (You married guys know what I mean) Smile

Anyway, you can find it on Ammar's "Easy to Master Card Miracles Volume 5"

Here's a performance in Espanol on YouTube, so you can get an idea of how it looks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLTt03q2Z......;search=

Always,

Rudy
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
The Asher Twist and Vernon's Twisting The Aces. Also, Lee Asher's The Ripper, although that is more likely to be classified as a flourish.

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Quote:
On 2007-04-02 13:26, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
The Asher Twist and Vernon's Twisting The Aces. Also, Lee Asher's The Ripper, although that is more likely to be classified as a flourish.

Michael Kras

I'd classify it as a production.

Cody
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Which packet tricks can be fully inspected? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL