The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Which packet tricks can be fully inspected? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Reset by Paul Harris. Classic.
Mr Rubiks
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Mr Rubiks
Louis Falanga's Squaw Valley Twist can be fully inspected. It is a killer trick that has a kicker color change.
johnnyboy
View Profile
New user
Portugal
47 Posts

Profile of johnnyboy
Hi should we encourage examinable tricks , surely the performance and mystery of the effect that they have just seen should enough for the watcher. I have seen the way people treat examinable items. a bang and bend here as though there should be some trickery about the item and not just the pure skill and presentation that they have just witnessed. In the end they assume that all the tricks you do not let them touch then become suspicious
7o but rocking on
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Johnnyboy,
No one is encouraging examinable effects.
The original post asked for them.

It's a matter personal preference and a person's performing style.
The Conjuror
View Profile
Regular user
Illinois, USA
132 Posts

Profile of The Conjuror
Quote:
On 2007-04-03 08:35, johnnyboy wrote:
Hi should we encourage examinable tricks , surely the performance and mystery of the effect that they have just seen should enough for the watcher. I have seen the way people treat examinable items. a bang and bend here as though there should be some trickery about the item and not just the pure skill and presentation that they have just witnessed. In the end they assume that all the tricks you do not let them touch then become suspicious

You may find that having an arsenal of examinable effects is helpful for certain crowds. A lot of times when I find myself performing informally (for friends or family) I have the nosy youngsters that insist on examining my props. For this very reason, I only show them tricks that I end clean with. Sure, they're missing out on some great effects that use gaffs, but they don't know that. Smile
johnnyboy
View Profile
New user
Portugal
47 Posts

Profile of johnnyboy
I was not suggesting for one moment that there was an intention to encourage examinable items, , mine was a simple question related to the topic. personally I do not encourage it.
7o but rocking on
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Color Monte or any variant is inspectable. The Oil/Water from Wilson's that I've used for years is inspectable. Every trick is inspectable with the right work.

I've never put "inspectability" as a priority on my list. Why would anyone want to examine the cards at the end of "NFW"... why would you offer that opportunity?
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
I think that Capitulating Cards (Jim Swain) is a killer packet trick. You can clean up the routine at the end and hand it out for examination. Gary Plants sells the trick for a very reasonable price. I also carry a trick called Slow Motion Jazz Aces that uses four Aces and four Jokers. It uses ordinary cards and is a nice little Ace assembly. It is very similar to the original Peter Kane Jazz Aces, but it uses a nice little laydown that is very clean looking. It can be found only in Bob White's lecture notes.

I keep these two packet tricks in a wallet with my other gaffed cards behind the packet tricks. When I am putting the wallet up I ring in the gaffs I need for my other effects.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Quote:
On 2007-03-26 14:59, Iceman90 wrote:
Dr. Daley's last trick is examinable. That is one of my favourite packet tricks.

You should look into Weighted Aces by Greg Wilson. It's his handling on that effect, and I have used it for quite a while.

Also, I do Twisting the Aces, and Sympathetic Aces is also fully examinable. I love that effect sooooo much. It's really great.

And just to throw in here, A BICYCLE BUILT FOR FIVE is great. It's not examinable, but the reactions I get with that are priceless. That's also a classic.

Best,
Steve
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Printo Presto by Daryl. A classic
MDew
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
125 Posts

Profile of MDew
- various oil and water routines
- Jazz Aces by Peter Kane
- Invisible Palm by Paul Harris (arguably a packet trick)
- Alex Elmsley's Four Card Trick
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
Max Maven's book "FOCUS" is filled with them

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
cviolette
View Profile
New user
Washington
73 Posts

Profile of cviolette
Color Monte is a great routine and at the end all cards can be examined.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I Second Van. Goldstien's FOCUS is Terrific.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'll give another vote for Queens out of Control and Color Monte..
Reset (Harris) is quite good....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Check out Aldo Colombini's "True Magic" or "Impromtu Packet Tricks" DVDs. There's tons of good material.

CJ
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ViciousCycle
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of ViciousCycle
There are a lot of different ways to do the princess card trick, including methods that are fully examinable. (I prefer the method where the person's mentally selected card fades into a blank card, but the traditional method of having the mentally selected card vanish completely leaves behind nothing that can't be shown.)
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
161 Posts

Profile of Lash
I disagree with the earlier post of hearttau that the packet B'Wave is not examinable. The one I use is and that is one of the things I love most about it, unless there is something that I am just overlooking.
Keirua
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Keirua
2 Card Monte
Start clean with a false shuffle leaving the 4 cards on top.
During the climax, when people are seeing their aces transformed into queens, palm the 2 aces and hide them in your pocket, and say something like "In fact, you never had any aces in your hand, they always remained in my pocket".
Their mind is far away at this moment, they will almost never notice your palming, even if, like me, you do not do it very well.
Thus, you start clean, and end clean.
Now that I typed my post, I am wondering whether you can consider 2CM as a packet trick or not... only using 4 cards, but the whole deck is in hand.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
My own effect called( adagio for dots) this effect can also be done with regular cards
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Which packet tricks can be fully inspected? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL