The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Bender 2.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..27~28~29 [Next]
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1746 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
My QB2 has been used 100's of times and is beginning to show wear. I now have a good number of chips on my QB2. However, no problems, no worries. No one has ever and I mean ever, mentioned or given the QB2 a second thought. Chips, couldn't care less about them!!!
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
I mentioned this on the other thread as well -- No one will ever notice some touch up paint on your QB, because it will never be inspected closely. If you are considering this purchase, this is the way to go. It is quite simply one of the most amazing devices out there, cannot say enough good things about it. I have now performed it many times, and never had the slightest hitch with it.
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
Recovering Cafe addict with only
6923 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-12-12 00:10, theinternetguru wrote:
I mentioned this on the other thread as well -- No one will ever notice some touch up paint on your QB, because it will never be inspected closely. If you are considering this purchase, this is the way to go. It is quite simply one of the most amazing devices out there, cannot say enough good things about it. I have now performed it many times, and never had the slightest hitch with it.

Everything he said... Smile
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Does anyone know if John still has some of these scratched QB 2.0's available? Or another way to contact him? I've tried PM'ing and emailing John@johntsheets.com.

Thanks,
Mike
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Special user
Colorado, USA
865 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hi Mike,

I did respond to both your email and your PM. Please check your in-boxes.

Thanks.

John
Magically,
John
www.johntsheets.com
Inventor of the "Quantum Bender" line, as well as other professional products.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Thanks John, And I placed my order!
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6923 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-12-22 02:35, rockwall wrote:
Thanks John, And I placed my order!

Rockwall- you will love this!

One tip I would like to share is that as I demonstrate the initial bend... The spec has their outstretched hand flat like a table below mine. As they slowly begin to see their quarter bending, I tell them that "the quarter is probably going to feel warm when it touches you hand. Not hot, but you will feel some warmth. But all the same pleaser don't move your hand."

This little subtlety works REALLY well. I canrt tell you how many times the spec says the coin feels warm. It also elicits responses from the crowd later ...asking "did it feel warm?"
Magic1
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
266 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Warning: Someone named Ahzhe from Singapore just tried to sell me a knockoff QB2. He says he bought it for full price from Penguin. At least he did send me a picture, so that I could see it wasn't the real thing (something I only could have known having owned a real one and knowing the signs). BE CAREFUL- this is the first time I've ever been offered something fake on the café. Magicians HELPING Magicians. Let's remember this!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2531 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Where did you come across him?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"

What is the mental malfunction that some people suffer from that compels them to demand being able to kill the most vulnerable and innocent members of the human race? What kind of society champions the killing of nascent human life rather than demanding that adults behave responsibly?
charliewerner
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of charliewerner
Quote:
On 2011-12-27 23:27, Magic1 wrote:
Warning: Someone named Ahzhe from Singapore just tried to sell me a knockoff QB2. He says he bought it for full price from Penguin. At least he did send me a picture, so that I could see it wasn't the real thing (something I only could have known having owned a real one and knowing the signs). BE CAREFUL- this is the first time I've ever been offered something fake on the café. Magicians HELPING Magicians. Let's remember this!

Scary....
"Seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger,Contempt,Surprise, Disgust,Fear on people faces are the motivation of my MAGIC" Charlie Werner (C.C.L)
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6923 Posts

Profile of saysold1
We all know there are lots of fakes out there.
John Sheets has warned many times to watch for an avalanche of fakes.

Caveat Emptor right?
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2031 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
You could forward the PM and the pic to moderators.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
359 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Guys ,
Over the many years of performing , I've lost two Quantum Benders and bought two more . Yes , for those of you who own the QB2 , you'll know how easily it slips out of your trouser's pockets . I've spent a lot of those QB2's but it was worth every single cent spent . That being said , I own almost every single coin benders in existence , and I can say that the QB2 is unsurpassed . Nothing even comes close .

It's just a shame that when you type `Quantum Bender ' on google , this James . L Clark bender comes out , that really gives a low blow to the QB2 is so many ways possible . Who is this dude ?????
See my Malaysian Magician Blog at :
www.mindofdavid.com
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6923 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Don't ask.

His name has surafced before here many times - apparently quite a naughty little boy who likes to directly lift other people's stuff and sell them for profit. Bad news.

I guess in other areas they are called "knock-offs."

Many top magicians & mentalists are aware of his antics.

Byt the reality is that someone witnessing a bend effect won't necessarily know the name/method since there are so many.

Too bad though.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2531 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Worse than magic fakers, I wouldn't touch his pathetic bender if I got it for free, from what I've heard, not worth the look

What is the mental malfunction that some people suffer from that compels them to demand being able to kill the most vulnerable and innocent members of the human race? What kind of society champions the killing of nascent human life rather than demanding that adults behave responsibly?
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
[quote]On 2011-12-27 23:27, Magic1 wrote:

How about posting the photo so we can laugh our as*es off, besides I've never seen a knockoff.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1746 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
As I looked at various items for sale at this website, it became very apparent what they are doing. I for one, will not purchase anything from them. Buyers beware!!!
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6923 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Wouldn't interest me.

The issue for creators like Sheets is that the cost of a patent for a magic trick is big $$$.

99% of these copies are poor though. I messed with little Jimmy Clark's copy and its also garbage. I wouldn't pay $10 for it. Even if it was exact (its not) its surely an outright theft of John Sheets intellectual property.
itsmagic
View Profile
Special user
middle earth
754 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
I love my QB2. Would love to have a second one as a spare.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Special user
Colorado, USA
865 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd let you know that the QB2 will be discontinued. At this time I have no plans to continue them in the future.

I have 3 left, and I don't know what the dealers have. There may be a few left at Tannens Magic.

Im guessing that this may spark up sales of counterfeits, so watch out for those cheap copies!! If it's made in China or by Clark, it's a total rip off. Again, I suggest that you shop with a reputable dealer IN the USA.

Thanks for all of your support over the years, and thanks for all of the success stories that you've shared with me about the QB2.

Magically,
John
Magically,
John
www.johntsheets.com
Inventor of the "Quantum Bender" line, as well as other professional products.
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6923 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Wow...

I'm speechless.

I don't know what I would ever do without my QB2.

John - from my heart (and I know I speak for many) thank you so very much for creating one of the most diabolical and well engineered props of all time.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of mndude
Nooooo! I'm saving up for one!!!
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6923 Posts

Profile of saysold1
When you Google serach for QB, James C posted his own knock-off video under the false heading Quantum Bender...

Then there is there trash talk:

http://www.quantumbender.com/sharpie-ben......m-bender

I can only surmise that part of John Sheets decision to end production was related strongly to people like JLC openly copying the product, selling it for less than half... and the misleading ads.

Based on JLC's words, anyone should have free license to copy any product if the creator doesn't improve it or protect it???
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2531 Posts

Profile of lunatik
His reputation speaks for itself. Wouldn't touch anything from him nowadays with a 30 ft pole. That seems to be the consensus from a lot of people!

mndude
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-02-13 11:48, saysold1 wrote:
When you Google serach for QB, James C posted his own knock-off video under the false heading Quantum Bender...

Then there is there trash talk:

http://www.quantumbender.com/sharpie-ben......m-bender

I can only surmise that part of John Sheets decision to end production was related strongly to people like JLC openly copying the product, selling it for less than half... and the misleading ads.

Based on JLC's words, anyone should have free license to copy any product if the creator doesn't improve it or protect it???

Ugh! He's even registered a domain under Quantum Bender. What a d***** b**!!
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6923 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Correct.

My understanding is that some time ago Sheets and JLC used to be friendly.

That was prior to JLC deciding to wholly rip Mr. Sheets - at first subtlety, and now I guess wth why not just call the copycat product QB and then post videos under the QB name. Amazing.

Whatever the actual production cost of the item (which is irrelevant btw), it is only if and when Magicians stand up against this kind of behavior and make it known that it will not be tolerated.. and voting with your pocketbook.

I mean a Mercedes may only cost $20,000 in costs for the manufacturer, but they charge $65,000+ which buyers are happy to pay. So what? Does that make it OK for someone to go ahead and copy it whole?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2531 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Just based on his business practices, even if his products were good, most won't go near him. When all you throw out there is "sue me" or "I'll sue you" that's when you know when to steer clear and let their demise come.

saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6923 Posts

Profile of saysold1
He'll hit the wall at some point... You can only start so many controversial fires before you ignite yourself when you get too close to the flames you started yourself.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-02-13 17:54, saysold1 wrote:
He'll hit the wall at some point... You can only start so many controversial fires before you ignite yourself when you get too close to the flames you started yourself.

But until then, evil prevails. Smile
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
I've been in touch with John to grab one of these....

I asked him if I would have any problems with the coinage here in the UK; he kindly got back to me and told me that the gimmick is good for sizes from a dime to a quarter.

could UK owners clarify about how this will translate to, say 2p, 5p, 10p pieces?

is there a thickness issue at all?

I need to move quite quick on this, so any help would be much appreciated

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Bender 2.0 (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..27~28~29 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.263049 seconds, requiring 104 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [4] [8] [5] [8] [8] [0]