The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cell Phone Forecast (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I have finished reading the FINAL COPY of Cellular Forecast right now.

I think this first project from David Numen (and I apologize in advance if it is not the first, for me it was the first time I did read some of his thoughts) is well thought out and nicely written up.

The basic idea is that you can have a prediction for (almost) anything on your cell phone (it can be under shape of a short video, a photo, a message text, etc.) and you can cleanly show participant this is the only video / photo / text, etc. you put in your cell folders.

Note: Some weeks ago I had read a preview of this file and I gave to David two or three suggestions for other possible effects and some other tips, so I am biased about this release but, in truth, this thing can be applied to so many effects that sky (and technology?) is the only limit.

There are effects with full deck of playing cards and with “invisible” cards…

There is a direct – in the face - effect with ESP cards, there is yet another version of Max Maven’s Positive/Negative with coins (but – without tipping more than this – the beauty of showing a short video of you FLIPPING THEIR CHOSEN COIN IN THE AIR is something I really love), there is a little test with dictionary and words taken out of it, there is a variation of the now classic “Headline Hunter” routine, some other things you can do with common objects… and much more!

Also, some of the subtleties that have been included in the book let you TEST and IMPROVE your skills at Equivoque with ease and safety… Yeah, Equivoque handled badly will always be transparent rather than invisible… BUT… if with all the weapons given here you are not able to Equivoque Force 1 object out of 15 or 20… then, do not quit your day job!

All in all, this is a good booklet full of tips and ideas that you can use as they are given to you OR incorporate them in some of your routines…
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Thanks for the review
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
COOL: that's now on my tobuy list
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Can someone provide a link to the seller website ?
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Thanks for the kind comments Paolo - Bill Cushman has sent me a new quote to use and I've updated the webiste accordingly. It's really mindblowing to have so many names be so flattering about my work.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I ordered this from David earlier today as I have been thinking of using the cell phone as a prediction revelation for some time.

This 40+ page manuscript revisits some traditional methods and integrates them well with modern technology in a clear, easy to understand manner.

There is no rocket science theory in these pages and is quite definately one of those "I wish I'd thought of that" ideas. Indeed, it was pretty much what I had in mind but delivered in a way that I wouldn't have been able to put into words or practice. In fact, I'm now clearer in my mind about how to go about this premise, so, for that, I'm grateful and a happy customer. The good thing about this manuscript is that it will spark your own imagination into life for other ideas utilising the principle.

Value for money? I'd say so - IF you are going to use it! $35 for the first fifty customers. $42 thereafter. This is very much the age of the instant download Ebook and by comparison, at first glance, forty-odd bucks may sound expensive. Some of you may be disappointed. However, I am a subscriber to the theory that all good ideas should be priced out of the temptation of the merely inquisitive.

I paid by Paypal and was reading my hot off the press copy within ten minutes.

Fiar play David. Good thinking and a nice product. I'll get far more value out of it than the $35 investment.

Roger
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I bought this too and really like it.

I sent David an idea already. I agree with Roger that this will really spark your imagination. Lots of variations and approaches possible.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
This was too late for publication... BUT, if you get David's e-book, I had a routine I wanted to add, which clearly uses much more than David's "forecast principle" but, without that, would be impossible...

Effect:

Four chairs – Three people on stage

One by one, the three participants FREELY choose a chair, no envelopes, no numbers, nothing. Just their free will!

Only now, they are given three colored pieces of cardboard, Yellow, Blue, Red, which they exchange among themselves freely, how many times they want… no Forcing!

One chair is left empty…

Now Mentalist retrieves from the audience a notepad (or a calculator, if you are “tech-minded”) with some numbers added from some people.

The random total arrived at seems a phone number… which is then dialed with a spectator’s cell phone…

A tweeting sound comes from UNDER THE SEAT OF ONE CHAIR…

THE ONLY CHAIR THAT PARTICIPANTS FREELY DECIDED TO LEAVE EMPTY……

The phone is now removed from under the chair and a picture is shown to be the only one AND to match the ORDER IN WHICH THE COLORED CARDBOARD ARE NOW!

©2007 by Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-04-05 08:53, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
This was too late for publication... BUT, if you get David's e-book, I had a routine I wanted to add, which clearly uses much more than David's "forecast principle" but, without that, would be impossible...

Effect:

Four chairs ?Three people on stage

One by one, the three participants FREELY choose a chair, no envelopes, no numbers, nothing. Just their free will!

Only now, they are given three colored pieces of cardboard, Yellow, Blue, Red, which they exchange among themselves freely, how many times they want?no Forcing!

One chair is left empty?

Now Mentalist retrieves from the audience a notepad (or a calculator, if you are “tech-minded? with some numbers added from some people.

The random total arrived at seems a phone number?which is then dialed with a spectator’s cell phone?

A tweeting sound comes from UNDER THE SEAT OF ONE CHAIR?

THE ONLY CHAIR THAT PARTICIPANTS FREELY DECIDED TO LEAVE EMPTY?

The phone is now removed from under the chair and a picture is shown to be the only one AND to match the ORDER IN WHICH THE COLORED CARDBOARD ARE NOW!

?007 by Paolo Cavalli

WOW Paolo!! That sounds great. I think David's idea is going to spark a huge trend here. Excellent!1
James
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Paolo - thanks for sharing the terrific application for Cellular Forecast.

James and Roger - thanks for your comments, it's very gratifying to hear people are enjoying this.

David.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Paolo - its just not fair! How do you get these ideas?

Cheers Smile

RK
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-04-05 19:22, Roger Kelly wrote:
Paolo - its just not fair! How do you get these ideas?

Cheers Smile

RK

Half Italian half....... not of this world
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Quote:
On 2007-04-04 20:42, PsiDroid wrote:
COOL: that's now on my tobuy list

and mine as well, this sounds great!
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
Let me just chime in hear with praise for Cellular Forecast. Wow! My mind is spinning with the posibilities. David Numen has come up with a way of using the ubiquitous cell phone to achieve some of the classic prediction/mental influence/coincidence effects in mentalism. Yes, it is a "why didn't I think of that" idea, but Numen DID think of it. More than that, he has spoon fed the reader hard-hitting effects and provided suggestions for a plethora of other effects using Cellular Forecast to achieve them. This is one of those seminal ideas that will bear fruit for years to come. True, the BASIC premise is a mentalism workhorse, but its adaptation for, and application to the cell phone is inspired. I can see using this to seal the deal for a lucrative gig, just as I can see using it in both formal and informal performance settings everyday. Personally, I can't wait to start using it. Great!
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Thanks for the comments.

Just a quick note to say that since the book has been so well-received and I'm in a good mood, the book is staying at $35 and will not increase in price.

Best,

David.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
As well as getting some lovely feedback from happy bunnies who have already bought Cellular Forecast, it's been suggested by Paolo and others that we do some kind of companion volume so if anyone is interested in contributing please PM or email me.

Best,

David.
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
OK, I just read David's new ebook and have to say that it is great. I agree with all the praise it has been getting here at Magic Café. The effects included in the manuscript are wonderful, and the concept David uses is so versatile that I found myself up all night coming up with uses. Good going David!
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Yesterday morning I received David´s ebook. And let me say that yesterday by night I did this effect. This was unbelievable. She floored when she raised my cellphone and I appeared speaking and telling her exactly what she did and choose. This is incredible powerful and I strongly recommend it
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
I thought I'd report in on my first test drive of Cellular Forecast. It was a roaring success! I am relatively new to mentalism, but I have tried hard to educate myself. Cellular Forecast plays like the real thing! This weekend, I was at a gathering of about twenty people at a friend's house. After I got there, I retired to a quiet corner and set myself up to perform the Ultimate Version that is described in the book. At the appropriate time, I launched into the routine. At the end, after the couple I selected was given repeated opportunities to change their mind as to which object in the living room they wanted (in fact, they did change their mind), I could only smile to myself as I directed attention to my cell phone, which I had left on the coffee table at the outset with a casual comment. When the couple opened the cell phone, with everyone looking over their shoulder, and opened the prediction, you could hear a pin drop. When everyone saw that I had predicted (or influenced) their choice out of all the objects in the living room (a View Master toy belonging to their kids), the place went crazy! This is seriously strong stuff! As I said, even though I am a mentalism freshman, I was well aware of the basic principles that Cellular Forecast is based on, but this takes it to a whole different level. Plus, you don't need any props. Just your cell phone, which you always have with you anyway. Great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cell Phone Forecast (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL