The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2007 entrée: Cody S. Fisher » » How I Hand Out My Business Card... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hello Friends,

I am always being asked for good ways to hand out business cards. This little gem was originally published in my January 2002 MUM column. As Mike Close says...you will need to go on a little scavenger hunt...but this is definitely worth it! Enjoy...

Business Control

Effect: A super nifty way to hand out your business cards. This little trick is absolutely invaluable to the working professional.

Set-up: Have your business cards printed up in three different colors. (Mine are black, silver, and gold.) Have some special pens made up with your business information (name, phone number, etc.) printed on them along with the message “You will select the silver card”. You also need a small pay envelope with the word “Prediction” written on one side. On the back of the gold cards write “You will select the gold card”. On a small piece of paper write “You will select the black card”.

To set up, place the three business cards in the pay envelope along with the prediction paper. The special pen should be in a convenient pocket.

Presentation: Remove the pay envelope from your pocket so the word PREDICTION is not seen. Tell the audience that you are going to conduct an experiment in mind control. Open the envelope and remove the three business cards making sure not to expose their backs. Leave the prediction in the envelope and place it to the side with the word PREDICTION still hidden. Lay the business cards face up in a row in front of the volunteer. Tell the volunteer you are going to have him select one of your business cards and, even though he feels like it is a free choice, you will be controlling his every move.

Tell him you do not want him to even touch the cards so he will not be influenced in any way. Remove the pen from your pocket, keeping the message hidden, and hand it to him. Immediately instruct him to tap the cards one at a time in turn and to stop on whichever card he chooses.

Now for the magic. If he stops on the silver card, have him read the message on the pen! Give him the pen as a souvenir…it has your business information on it! If he stops on the gold card, take the pen back and have him turn the gold card over to read your prediction. He will probably turn the other two cards over as well…but they are blank! Give him the gold card as a souvenir! Finally, if he stops on the black card, take the pen back and call attention to the pay envelope. Turn it over to show the word PREDICTION. Hand him the envelope and have him remove and read your prediction. Give him the black business card as a souvenir! You just can’t lose! No matter what, he will have your booking information…not a bad little trick.

Credits: This is based on the trick “Mind Control”. I have always been amazed by how this little trick seems to fool everybody. It was probably my favorite trick when I was a child. Now that magic is my business…it is definitely my favorite trick. Reset time is only a few seconds. Bring along extras of each prediction and you are ready for a night of walk around. In case you are serious about this trick…and trust me you should be…you can special order custom pens from National Pen Corporation (888) 672-7370. The pens I use have a black barrel and a white cap…they look just line a miniature magic wand!
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Thomas Okey
View Profile
New user
Lakeland Florida
50 Posts

Profile of Thomas Okey
Cody,

Nice routine. I am at work so I can't check my library but don't you also have this in your book "Required Reading?"

Tom
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Yes...that book is long out of print...just wanted to share it with everyone since this thread had turned into primarily business!

Take care,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
This is definitely something I'll be using. Thanks a million!
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Glad you can use this...it has been a real winner for me! I think you will be very surprised by the reactions this simple trick gets...

Cody S. Fisher

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2007 entrée: Cody S. Fisher » » How I Hand Out My Business Card... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL