The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming Very Soon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Looks like another winner from Peter and the guys at Alakazam!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Peter,

Is this purely a presentational teaching dvd or will you be teaching what you are showing in the performances as well? Either way it goes it looks like it will be pretty good. More real world teaching and demonstrations is always good to me.

--Jim
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Peter:

It looks good, but shouldn’t it me in Latest and Greatest instead of here?

Tony
Goku
View Profile
New user
Japan
92 Posts

Profile of Goku
Looks good. Any idea when it will be available?
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Nice, very nice
Cards never lie
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

We are expecting the release to be the first week of May.

Regards

Peter
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
So well done Peter
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Michael T
Looks nice. I like seeing real world real performances of restaurant magician so this is on my preorder list.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Think I'll be picking up this too. Looks excellent!

Iain.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Looks really good!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Trust me this DVD is a workers dream. Full of usable commercial magic!

Peter
Kip Stevens
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kip Stevens
I'm geddin' excited folks!!! This looks hot to trot.

Peter Nardi, you have an eye for TOTAL COOLNESS!!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Here is a taste of what on the DVD.

Matthew J. Dowden

Party Animal

Matthew is a professional Close up Magician and on his debut DVD you will experience some of his LIVE work. There is NO audience setup and NO fake reactions, just the real work in a real world setting.

All the routines explained on this DVD have been audience tested over hundreds of performances. The handling of each effect has been honed to perfection and each one has been geared for maximum entertainment value and quick, visual impact!

SHRINKAGE is an instant, eye-popping transformation. A selected card visually shrinks in mid air right in front of your spectator’s eyes!

CARD TO ANYWHERE is an ingenious method of vanishing a selected card to have it appear literally ANYWHERE! Card thru window, card in bottle, card to shoe let your imagination run wild!

CARD TO ANY NUMBER gets straight to the point. It is a very workable version of a classic that you will perform at EVERY opportunity!

WALK AROUND WALTZ is Matthew’s handling for the classic Anniversary Waltz which has been carefully reworked for the walk around performer. It’s extremely direct and more importantly all done in the hands!

EASY DECK VANISH does exactly what it says on the tin! It’s the ideal trick to end on that is quick, easy and leaves them wanting more!

REPEAT CARD TO MOUTH is a multi-phased routine based on the popular classic. The harder they try to catch it the less chance they have; then you hit them with a knockout ending!

X MARKS THE SPOT is a fantastic presentational idea for a classic routine that you will always perform when they ask that inevitable question: “Can you tell me how you do it?”

Learn all of this and more on this incredible two-disc set! Also includes: MST, SOLE SELECTION, TWO PERSON THOUGHT OF CARD, CARDS TO POCKET, MINI ME, THE TIME MACHINE and much, much more including a bonus section featuring Matthew’s routines & technique for stealing watches!

Regards

Peter
DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
This DVD Looks very interesting; I haven't seen the full DVD but I'll just add a few comments on what I learnt from the preview clip.

I like the style of the 'in the trenches' aka a public house/bar rather than having it all staged (L and L) as the power dynamics here are more realistic than inviting people to watch you perform. I would like to see more of this style or performance/teaching and I imagine you'll indirectly learn a lot about how to manage spectators and also the difficult spectators that often consume one too many beverages who feel more comfortable to challenge you. Plus learning what I call 'table management' too where the performer has to gain maximum use out of the table/audience space (see card in the beer bottle effect).

Even from viewing the Youtube video, the idea of having the spectators drum roll on the table is a great way of getting people involved and drawing attention to yourself around the venue you are working.

Thanks Peter for sharing.

David
David
jalal12321
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of jalal12321
Hmm, looks very nice. It certainly looks interesting enough to make me want to buy it. I actually was fooled by the card to pocket effect, very nice work guys.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Thanks peter, you have my card details, nuff said
ps. looks lke james brown has some competition, hopefully it will speed up his 2nd dvd release!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I think Peter has set a new trend in Magic DVDs. And I think the James Brown DVD started it all. High quality, awesome magic, shot in front of a real audience, nothing set up, in the trenches etc.
Then Peter released Ice Coins and the Taylor made book test, again effects shot in the real world with nothing set up. After that came my DVD, again shot in live situations, nothing set up or pre- set up. Now comes Matthew Dowdens DVD, and I know that Peter has some others that he is working on that I am looking forward to!
One thing that sets Peter above all other dealers is his risk factor. A proper Entrepreneur who takes risks on techincal nobodies. Rather than going to a name that has been known troughout the Magic world for years and years, with many releases to their name, Peter is looking for new talent, with fresh ideas and different approaches. Peter puts a lot of money into getting the DVD recorded and edited and released etc and it is a very hit and miss business, to which Peter needs commending. Support these DVDs as I know the hard work that goes into this, and I think they are only ever going to get better
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-04-16 16:44, Christopher Williams wrote:
Looks like another winner from Peter and the guys at Alakazam!

Definitely!
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
Competition indeed! Looks great. Power/commercial magic with a great deal of strong, natural misdirection. Really looking forward to seeing this.

James Brown
P.S. The deck vanish at the end caught me the first time too!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming Very Soon! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL