The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Joe Lefler's Pro Suitcase Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:
On 2012-11-25 15:44, Flip Disc wrote:
There are many more differences than the price. It's a completly different design made to last and perform. It has an open top well, and two table tops to perform from. The hardware is all comercial grade ATA recessed hardware. The casters area special order caster that holds up much better than a stock caster. The carpet is an exhibition ribbed carpeting which is mouch tougher than speaker carpeting. You basically get two tables in one that will last you made by a builder who backs his work. You can see them here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMxefUbXS_Y&feature=g-upl

Doug

I'd love to see a video demo of that suitcase table packed with props, not empty. I am biased right off the start because I have never had the issues he descibes in the demo. I like occassionally going behind my table, and I think it helps present an air of mystery as well. "What is that magician hiding behind there?" It also gives me a chance to quickly look at my cheat sheet as I call it. I also never had a problem with people leaning on my opened suitcase table to worry about the hinges. Most of what the fellow said in the video just doesn't apply to me, and I am even more happier to have Joe Lefler's Pro Suitcase Table.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
By the way, before this thread got hijacked, it was about the Lefler tables. I was curious about the business going forward after Joe passed away a couple of months ago, so wrote his wife/business partner a note asking. Here's her reply:

"Joe's tables will still be made. We have no small tables right now, but do have some large ones. I don't know when we will make another run of smalls just yet."
- Sue Lefler 27Dec2012

We used to sell Joe's tables in The Magic Corner (in Raleigh, NC) and I can tell you that they're of the highest quality.

- Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
ChristopherWeed
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
5 Posts

Profile of ChristopherWeed
Just wanted to share that I purchased the rights to Joe Lefler's product line a few months ago from Joe's widow Sue (negotiations were underway long before Joe passed away) and we've been very hard at work since then preparing for a relaunch under the new brand Showtime Magic Products. After a long hot summer moving the operation to Arizona, setting up a state-of-the-art production facility, and developing the new and improved tables, we officially debuted at KIDabra two weeks ago to rave reviews. We have taken everything that was great about the original Joe Lefler design and improved the construction, quality of the wood, finishes, shelves, added features, new colors and a great deal more. Suffice it to say, we think Joe would be very proud of this next generation of his legendary tables. Our Facebook page ShowtimeMagicProducts has tons of photos, comments from initial purchasers, and a link to our store. We are honored to continue this legacy and look forward to keeping this well-regarded product line alive for the next generation of performers. In addition for the several thousand existing users out there, we have a full selection of replacement parts should your older table need a latch, casters, handle, etc.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2007, Brian S. Tanner wrote:
Alan,

I'm sure you'll love this table. I've had mine for over 15 years now, and it's still going strong.

Great to know! I am getting ready to purchase one!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Joe Lefler's Pro Suitcase Table (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL