The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Erdnase DVD set is now available (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Caférs,
I'm pleased to announce for all those who have expressed interest that my Erdnase DVDs are now available. They should be in the hands of dealers within a few weeks. The full title for the 7 DVD, 8.7 hour set is:

Artifice Ruse & Subterfuge,
The Man Who Know Erdnase,
The Expert at the Card Table Then and Now.

The dealer price, when the set becomes available, will be $99 but for Café'ers they are available from me at a substantial discount.

The set also contains a roughly 200 page book as a PDF file and demonstrates and teaches every technique in the original Erdnase text plus performance of versions of the 14 effects that were part of the original text. In addition there are dozens of tips, improvements and touches on the material and extensive discussion between Simon Lovell and I of many of the techniques.

If you have questions, you can drop me a line or post them here.

I am proud of the content of this set and I believe this will make the wealth of material in the classic Erdnase text available to a wider audience.

Wesley James
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Thank you Mr. James.
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
wilfr3d
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of wilfr3d
It's so good to be true
willmorton
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of willmorton
PM'd you, sir!
roboboy2040
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of roboboy2040
Wow. Thank You.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I was going to put in an order personally, but I just found out the shop I'm working with will be getting in a copy next week. The only complaint I have is that he said it was from Magic Makers, which caused a few explicatives to slip out. I think the quality will step up and drowned out the opening from there owner.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
After everything Erdnase said, you still held out on me!

:)

Mr. James, I would LOVE a copy, and will be emailing you about everything later today.

Ben Train
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Great news!! I'm very much looking forward to this set.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Did anyone get this yet? How is it?
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
To all who have expressed an interest,
The first orders were shipped on Monday, May 7, 2007, so those who ordered early should be receiving their copies very soon. I suspect they will post comments after they've watched all or part of the 8.7 hours of material

Wesley James
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
This is an amazing release.

Erdnase is a classic and finally getting to watch the moves in video will clarify tons of technical aspects that were if not incomplete, confusing on the text book.

Thanks a lot for this, I haven't finished the book yet but it's certainly one of the biggest gems in card magic...

Antonio
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
To all who have purchased their sets from me,
I just learned that there is a problem with the first disc. It is missing the PDF file that is listed on the label and which I have mentioned in describing the set. This is due to a mastering error the origins of which are being looked into. We aren't yet sure if the omission was made by MM in creating the master or by the company that pressed the discs. In any case, those who want the file should not be deprived because of the error. MM will be setting up a means for those who wish to download the file but, in the interim, those who have purchased from me should contact me to obtain the file. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will correct it for those who have purchased from me. I'll also keep you apprised of the decision made by MM to rectify the problem.

Wesley James
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Wow! Sounds like a great set.

Mark. Smile
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Has everyone forgotten the ethics of MagicMakers? If I recall correctly there was a hoopla about MagicMakers taking effects from creators, renaming them and selling them as their own.

Why do people deride the ethics of dealers then turn right around and buy from them. Seems a little hypocritical to me. If your going to complain about the ethics of dealers, don't buy from them. If you buy from them, don't complain about the ethics.

Here are the latest rippoffs:

Transpo Kings by Simon Lovell - Complete ripoff of John Bannons Twisted Sisters
Million Dollar Monte - Complete ripoff of Ultimate Monte by M. Skinner

If it has now become acceptable to do business with unethical dealers then why should anyone care who gets ripped off and who does the ripping off.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
My purchase is based on the stellar reputation of Mr. James, and I am purchasing directly from him. EDH, why are you trying to derail this thread and bring it down to such a base level? I appreciate (and agree with) the nobility of your intentions, but I think that you are taking aim in the wrong direction.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
What direction is that. I made a post that MM is unethical. Please elaborate for me.

I don't want to derail this thread, really.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 19:45, edh wrote:
What direction is that.

This thread is by and about the work of Wesley James. Why change the subject and bring up accusations directed toward Magic Makers? I don't see how that is relevant to the subject of the thread. I appreciate your sincerity and don't see any need to push this conversation further. I'm just happy to see that Mr. James is making yet another exceptional contribution to the magic fraternity and excited by the subject of this project.
Count Lustig
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Count Lustig
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 20:49, Magiguy wrote:
This thread is by and about the work of Wesley James. Why change the subject and bring up accusations directed toward Magic Makers?

Because the work of Wesley James is being released by Magic Makers. It is putting money into the pocket of Magic Makers.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Magiguy...I agree completely!

Mark. Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Let's take a quick moment to consider some basic ideas.

Businesses exist to make money, usually by selling what the believe others will buy.

Let's say a business tries something and offers to sell a product with different (lets say more positive) moral connotation than other products it has offered.

Do you punish them for their choice and buy the product (or its equivalent) from another company?

Do you reward them for doing what you feel is a good thing and buy the product?

This is a real question and your actions in this market are real answers to that question.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Erdnase DVD set is now available (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL