The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any ring vs No ring Hank? $20 vs $60 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
Can anyone give a review on these ring vanish hank that can use with interlace. Is it worth to pay the extra $40?
Or any good ring vanish hank that you have come across.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I don't have 'no ring' but I do have 'any ring' Any Ring is nice as you can pretty much match the type of ring that the person is wearing i.e. thin, thick, or anywhere in between!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I'm curious as to the difference myself.
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
The No ring hank is very clever.
The real ring (no gaffs) is placed into the hank and held by the spectator. The hank is pulled and the ring has vanished (the hank is shown back and front) The performer then folds the hank and puts in away and the ring is now in your possession to load anywhere you wish.
The difference between this and anyring: With anyring you can load the ring ahead of time before the vanish with no ring it delivers it to you after the vanish...so its all about how each can be constructed into a routine. Both have their own merits and uses. The no ring is very high quality and matches all the other fabric manipulation products. Anyring has a very good gimmick that matches the feel of most rings that are borrowed but the hank is a very standard quality.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
Thanks for that. Sounds like "No ring hank" is the hank to go.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Will "any ring" work good with interlace for the vanish? Better yet, which one (Any, or No ring hank) would be prefered for interlace ring Vanish?

Thanks
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Piz -- As noted above, the choice of hank depends on when you want to load the ring.

For Interlace, Any Ring seems like the best choice, because you can follow the vanish from the hank with the revelation on the shoelace immediately, without going to your pocket in between.

Jerry
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Your the man jerdunn, that's the one I ordered Smile

Thanks for the response, much appreciated my friend!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Richard Sanders 'Any Ring" is only $20 and beautiful. You can borrow any size ring. It's very clever the way Rich designed it.

http://www.sandersfx.com/anyring.html
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I just received Lynetta Welch's No-Ring Hank. It costs more but you'd understand why if you examined one. It is 100% silk, hand made and adds a touch of elegance. It uses no fake rings so there is no concerns about picking the right ring. You can show your hands completely empty before and after the vanish so you don't have to rush to the final destination. There is no switching - the spectators hold their own ring. Lets quit kidding ourselves. People aren't stupid and know what their own ring feels like. There is no ackward handling. No other ring hank compares in my professional opinion. Also, it is not limited to rings and can be used with coins or anything relatively close in size. For $40 more, you receive a prop made by a professional for professionals that opens up a world of other possibilties. I am not affiliated with Fabric Manipulation in any way. This is a completely unbiased review.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Sounds nice Richard! I ordered my No-Ring Ring Hand from Lynetta about 5 weeks ago and it should be here in maybe another week. (I hope!) Looking forward to receiving it. Presently I do use Any Ring, which is amazingly effective also.

Having both will give me some great options for my finger ring work.

Richard, what is the optional prop? I didn't notice any options available for the No-Ring Ring Hank when I ordered mine.

Thanks!

Jim
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I'm sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean that it included any optional props. I meant to say that its appliation wasn't limited to Rings and could be used with coins or any other small objects of equal or relative size. I practiced with this on and off over the weekend and am nearly to the point where the vanish and retrieval are done so slow and smoothly that every movement appears natural, casual and motivated the way that it should be. You will enjoy using this very much Jim.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I have a question, does the no ring hank come with written instructions or dvd or is it obvius how it should be used?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The no ring sounds like a copy of the Pat Page Hanky Pranky and Mikame Coin Vanishing Handkerchief.

After looking at Lynetta Welch web site, I think they look like something a woman would use. The pattern looks floral kind of feminine to me.
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
Quote:
On 2011-08-01 15:24, rowland wrote:
I have a question, does the no ring hank come with written instructions or dvd or is it obvius how it should be used?

The No Ring hank comes with detailed printed instructions. The handling is straight forward but it would be difficult to work out without the instructions.

The pattern is more paisley than floral and is not that noticable as the silk is all one colour. It looks no more feminine than any other silk handkerchief.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I am not familiar with Pat Page's Pranky but am familiar with Mikame's and the method is completely different.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2011-07-30 00:12, rmendez wrote:
"...People aren't stupid and know what their own ring feels like...."

That issue is easily resolved.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
On 2011-07-30 00:12, rmendez wrote:
"...People aren't stupid and know what their own ring feels like...."

If the borrowed ring is so different just let a different spec hold the hank,
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
That's exactly what I was referring to in my post just above yours.
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Anyring is great! It looks casual and not like a prop, it works perfectly, it is dead easy and jugding by the reviews it is more practical than No Ring because you can do the dirty work for the reappearance when there is absolutly no heat on you as they are holding 'their ring' at this moment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any ring vs No ring Hank? $20 vs $60 (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL