The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Naked Mentalism by Jon Thompson (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Hello friends!
I've started this thread to share an exciting new work by Jon Thompson.

"Naked Mentalism" is fine treatise on the use of psychological/statistical forces.

The amount of powerful and workable information in one place is astounding. Since its release, I have been a HUGE fan of Banachek's PS1 and recently, volume 2. Jon's work is along the same lines, with additional bits, more forces (many that were new to me) and some excellent routines. More on this in a few . . .

The book is well organized and laid out. Jon has made the information very easy to take in, with some golden pointers for using the forces with better results. I predict it will be an indispensable work for those using psychological forces, taking its place among the aforementioned greats.

What I enjoyed most about the book is, Jon gives valuable information behind the REASONS why such forces work, and a structure that makes them even more effective and reliable than before, including wonderful thoughts on priming the participant for maximum results and hits.

One of the high points of the book is his "Naked Book Test". This thing is absolutely amazing!!!

It involves a person merely thinking of a word from whatever (magazine, book, newspaper, letter, etc.) and you name it! That simple!!! This can also be done over the phone, text message, IM and radio.

The test was devised specifically to replicate true psychic ability. It looks, plays and feels just like the real thing. I love this! Now, the test is not 100%, but in all the times I have used it, with Jon's handling, it has been spot on. He also explains how to turn the misses into hits and near hits. Remember, this is supposed to be the real deal!!! I have had nothing but great praise and strong reactions from the test. I dare say it is the grail (for those of you interested in such things) Smile

In the book, Jon speaks about using his work in a "Dreams and Visions" type scenario, with the spectator creating a scene in their mind, and the performer reveals it, bit by bit. This is a lot like Michael Murray's new hit, "Between the Lines" and yet, they are quite a bit different. To be interested in one is to be naturally interested in the other. Combined, they are each even more powerful. Example: After BTL, I take it a step further and have another person merely imagine a scene (without a page) and then I can describe it myself in breathtaking detail.

All in all, I cannot praise this work enough. I hope Jon charges an arm and a leg for it, the book test alone is worth 10X more than he will ask for it.

Include some powerful work with cold readings, a few other great routines, and well, I'll let you decide. The release date is set this June.

Best,
Jerome Finley.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Harry Truman
View Profile
Regular user
England
156 Posts

Profile of Harry Truman
Thank you for sharing your views with us, Jerome!

Jon's new book is one that I have had my eye on for quite some time now. If his various posts and essays from all corners of the Internet are anything to go by, the material within Naked Mentalism should prove to be very useful. There appears to be a very original streak running through his work as well, which is refreshing to see.

Anyhow, I'll refrain from posting more until I have actually read the book. It is certainly something I am looking forward to reading though.

Thanks again for the post Jerome - it's good to finally see a release date mentioned!

Regards,
Harry.
"Man's highest reward for his dedication to the pursuit of excellence is not what he gets from it, but what he becomes through it."
Allan Kardek
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
194 Posts

Profile of Allan Kardek
Is this going to be offered directly through Jon or is it going to be available in magic shops?

Cheers,
Allan
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I would hope this would be available through Jon only. I'm waiting to hear back from him to provide you with more details.

Best,
J.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Ok, this will be available from Jon (TOMO) via his lulu page.

The link is: http://stores.lulu.com/booksbytomo

To cut back on piracy, the book will only be available in paperback.

Release date early June.

-J.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Hmmm. The link was working 5 minutes ago. Maybe lulu is having a day?

-J.
Allan Kardek
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
194 Posts

Profile of Allan Kardek
The link worked for me. Thanks!

Cheers,
Allan
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Gee....I'd be interested in something called NAKED mentalism Smile Sounds a little like Naked On A Beach Smile
It's not available yet...Who is this guy? And what is his contact info?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Slim,
I knew YOU would be interested. The man is Jon Thompson, as stated above Smile He is not too active here, but on other forums he is easily accessible ( via our friends at the MS).

I'm not sure how "naked" you are on the beach, but this cat goes in his birthday suit, all the way. You may contact me for his email if you wish.

To be quite honest, I had not really heard of TOMO before, though I always gained a lot from his unique insights and perspectives regarding mentalism. I was given the material with the caveat that I would use it before commenting, and only then, that I would be honest with my review; good or bad.

When Jon shared his Naked Mentalism book with me, upon first reading, I was astounded. The wealth of information, its richness, the way he laid it out, and its effectiveness made me a shoe in. I have no problem standing behind this material 100%. I use it. I used it tonight at the Living Traditions Festival in SLC. It was a hit all night. I booked the gig by performing the Naked Book Test for an agent OVER THE PHONE. I resolved to only use material from this new work in my performance this evening. It was more than enough, and I carried only a PW and some keys as backup. I bent two keys and used the wallet twice. The rest was propless, "Naked Mentalism".

I expect there to be a lot of praise and acknowledgement for this man and his very fine work. Even if you are an experienced professional and use psy. forces, there is MUCH to gain from his book. The bottom line is this . . . learning and using the material and insights from his book has made me a better (more equiped) mentalist. What more can we ask for???

I'll tell you right now, if I were to come up with the Naked Book Test on my own, I would not release it. I have my own interesting takes on his work, but this particular piece goes above and beyond anything I expected. I applaud him for both his thinking and his application of somewhat esoteric principles. They are fabulous.

Hype is all too familiar these days. I know this as both a purchaser and creator of magic and mentalism routines. If someone else were to spill these same words, I would be rather skeptical. I trust that my credibility here as an artist and performer holds some weight. The fact is, the material is top notch, more than useable (it is practical) and I believe, can take your performances to yet another level, much like Banachek's PS1 did when it first came out. This is revolutionary work TO ME, and I have a wee bit of experience with these things Smile

So, if one already owns and uses material from PS1 and 2, will there be anything of value??? Hell yes.

Jon has not asked me to comment, I asked permission and took it upon myself. The community deserves to know about something that will enhance their work. I'm happy to see that he is offering it himself, and that it will not be another magic shop trend. Those who are interested know who to contact and how. If you have questions, I am happy to answer them to the very best of my ability, or direct you to the creator himself via email.

I'll throw this in as an additional teaser though . . . for the Naked Book Test (my favorite item in the book), YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A BOOK!!! It can be a thought of word after some practice, application and experience.

Best,
Jerome Finley.
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
This book sounds great! The Naked book test sounds amazing....

looking foward to it

Aidan
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
MagicDog
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
174 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I sounds like I will be adding to my books collection yet again, sounds like a great book.

John
Make Everyday Magical
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I love this kind of stuff and am eagerly looking forward to its release. Thank you for the heads up.

Elliott
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Its on the site now...
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
OK Fish...I'll bite. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I already did. Smile
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Did it taste like pie?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
No, not pie. Smile
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I bought this a few hours ago!! I've been waiting for this....Now everyone knows!
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
I often perform this brand of mentalism and below is a link to a professional photograph of me performing:
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=......p;size=o
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
How is the book?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Naked Mentalism by Jon Thompson (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL