The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What's Up with that 'same' Audience of the L&L Publishing Magic DVDs? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Steve Pellegrino
No news on Paul Wilson's set. Louis doesn't spill the beans on this stuff. I only find out about new releases about 2 months before the release. I'm looking forward to Wilson's set as well.

There's a lot of good stuff that is waiting for release - Jim Swain, Boris, Hilford and others. We might even get a new book out of L&L before the end of the year! We'll just have to wait and see.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm glad Frank will still be there. His reactiions are quite honest. He's the perfect audience member for these shoots. He's intelligent and polite. He claps when it's owver, but if he's fooled and really likes it, he gets the biggest smile, chuckles and becomes a bit more annimated.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2115 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I was lucky enough to be present for the Boris Wild Shoot. Boris is an outstanding performer. He works entirely with cards, but was able to hold our attention throughout the entire shoot. Card workers... this is another "must have" DVD from L & L. I'm anxiously awaiting the release.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Everytime I drive through Loomis I think of you Dennis....

Boris is a very good performer and his FISM act will suit all you guys who think magic can get you women....it still won't but if you were a suave French dude like Boris it works.
boris
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of boris
Thank you guys for your kind words.

Boris
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1765 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
I wonder if the audience get paid for being in the video? or are they doing it for free, since they get to watch a free magic show?

Steve
Marketing Magic - 723pg book & DVD, Everything I know about being a Children's Entertainer - 363pg book.
http://www.amazingstephen.co.uk/shop-dvds.html
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'll tell you something...I was in L&L country today (I don't know exactly where they are but was in town) and if they are in Tahoma the sign says population 200. Next up is Incline Villiage, which isn't much larger. I don't think they have much choice but to use the same people! Beautiful area though, Louis is smart to headquarter there.

Note: before anyone says that there are other towns that could supply people I am aware of that.
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
Magic Santa - You say "next up is Incline Village, which isn't much larger." Incline Village has about 9000 residents. It's not next up either as Tahoe City is only a 15 minute drive with 1800 residents.
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
And you can go 40 minutes away and be at Carson City with loads of people, thirty minutes further than that is Reno with more peope, make a right rather than a left and you can hit Stateline....I put my statement about other towns near by to avoid listening to people who think L&L should bus in people.

Let me make this clear Wayne....I was giving a general statement about the area being sparsly population not providing a road map for people who want to tour the area. In case you really want to know I took the wife on a drive up the grade out of Mindon, Nv, hooked through through Stateline, South Lake Tahoe, Tahoe City (yes, I'm aware there are other areas designated as 'towns' between South Lake Tahoe and Tahoe City but I don't really care to list them) then rather than going up toward Truckee I continued around the lake through Tahoma and Incline Villiage, whos sign is incorrect as to population based on your statement. Thus Tahoe City as not next after incline or Tahoma based on the direction I was driving. I then went through other lil' towns, went down to Carson City, wanted Chinese so I went to Fernley after picking up my wifes friend. The towns I went through that I wasn't going to bother mentioning between Carson City and Fernley were Moundhouse, Dayton, Stage Coach, and Silver Springs.

Now what is your point?
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
366 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Just wanted to chime in and say I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the L&L audience... my friend Jeff and I always like to chuckle at them, almost like we know them, everytime we pop open a fresh L&L DVD, a new pack of cards, and an ice cold Cheerwine.

Except we don't really drink cheerwine when we do magic.
Mike
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I went back up there and missed Tahoma completely! Drove through w/out knowing it. I checked Incline Villiage, they have 6000 people but the part on the highway isn't any larger than some of the little towns, it goes back into the mountain further. So clearly they should fire the audience and move to Incline .
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1060 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I love the L&L audience. Seeing them over and over again makes me feel comfortable and warm, like turkey dinner at grandma's house. They are like a second family to me.

They are much more realistic and entertaining to watch then a bunch of drunken tourists walking around Las Vegas looking for street magicians to entertain them.
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
I had never read this thread before though I too wondered about the familiar faces in the audiences.

However, the most hysterical thing about this was the orginal poster and his disgust at feet. Why feet? Why not ears, kneecaps or tongues? Feet come as a part of the package!

I love the L&L audiences. I wish all the magic videos that I have would have used an audience. It is important to see a routine presented to people - not for the people's response as much as for the magician's chance to interact with the audience. That is what is missing from DVD shoots which are purely in the studio. The magician is busy watching the camera or the monitor instead of interacting with people.
The real magic is family!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2617 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2007-10-18 02:18, tdowell wrote:
I love the L&L audience. Seeing them over and over again makes me feel comfortable and warm, like turkey dinner at grandma's house. They are like a second family to me.

(Gasp) And I thought I was the only one!

By the way how do you spell "Janelle"? They never cover it in the Explanations section.
ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
Looks like L&L has heard your prayer, they've got a whole new set of audience for Bill Malone's DVD.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1339 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Yes, I have noticed on some more recent L&L DVD's some new faces.
Absent are John, David and Janelle.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

Tracy Guillory [aka ProfessorWhut]
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2007-05-30 18:58, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

Jay, being a stand up comic, seizes the moment and asks John "are you retarded"? Everyone laughs ( including a guy behind John, with a light beard, that actually looks retarded ).

Jay appologizes about using the word retarded and askes John "are you an idiot"? Everyone laughs ( including a guy behind John, with a light beard, that actually looks like an idiot).

LOL Now THAT'S funny!
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
thefliss
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of thefliss
Does John know he has reached the status of a cult figure? (Would he be happy to hear it?) Same goes for the rest the regulars... Keep in mind when you type, this is a public forum!
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2007-11-20 22:50, Mind Guerrilla wrote:

By the way how do you spell "Janelle"? They never cover it in the Explanations section.

Janel....

You gotta pay more attention when she signs her selected card Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I confess that when I drive in that area I look for those people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What's Up with that 'same' Audience of the L&L Publishing Magic DVDs? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL