The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Infinity thread...Rudy Sanchez (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Ok, I know many of you have been awaiting my review for The Infinity thread. I have purposley delayed my review due to wanting to do a barrage of more tests to really test this puppy out. I am now happy to share my findings.

I have been apart of the thread world since I was 15 (31 now)so as an expert on thread and thread work I have tested a plethera of thread and thread manufactuers in the past/present. I, like others started out with what we commonly know as Invisible thread. This usually comes in a spool or around a playing card. The tedious work it takes to strip one piece from 100 is in the beginning a tireless effort..but with practice and dedication the rewards are astounding. Now the problem that arises is that you will quickly find out that using this type of thread can be restrictive due to the tention of the thread. If you are not careful the thread can break very easily. This is because you cannot feel the tention point on the thread and it just snaps without warning..anyone who has worked with regular thread for 2 minutes knows what I am talking about. All of your effort and work has gone into stripping and waxing and positioning the thread and SNAP!! That is why SO many people stay away from thread work all together.

Enter IET (Invisible Elastic Thread)...

Now we have a freedom like we did not before. IET allows you to have more of a directional freedom that conventional Thread did not. But now the problem is that this type of thread was not readily available to the public and it was only known to a few underground clicks (84ish-90ish). But then when it did become public it was another tedious task of cutting and stripping
the thread from now...pantyhose! (I had a lot of talks with my mom at that time).

Enter Finn John/ Yigal Mesika...

Both pioneered the thread world like no other. Once Finn game Yigal his blessing and right to LOOPS (IET that is tied into a loop) Yigal made IET common among the masses (still only a few would actually work with LOOPS due to the common pitfalls with most thread before it).

Enter Yigals IET Dispenser...

I have to say..before I was given The Infinity thread by Rudy (thanks Rudy) I was a staunch user of Yigals dispenser I mean here is finally the answer..one piece of 100 ft of IET in a dental floss style dispenser, no stripping, no mess..just pull and your done.

But then came the Infinity Thread.... I have NEVER seen a thread like this in all my yrs of thread work.
First the quanity..

Are you kidding me..look at this thing,, (image below)

I have never seen so much IET in my life at one time. Each time I look at it a tear forms on my eye...

The Product...

Hands down this is THE BEST IET EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER.
It is stronger than anything on the market..

It stretches 5-6 times more than what is on the market right now...

It works in ALL kinds of light as long as it is not back lit (like all thread..)

It is DIRT easy to strip (Breaks down in to just 3 pieces not 100 so there is no confussion..and strips like string cheese thanks Ron)

And you get enough thread to last over...well lets put it this way you all know I am a Christian and if Christ wants to see some magic when he comes back I will be able to show HIM some great stuff (of course the downside is he will know how it's done..but that's not the point!)

I have changed my mind on the nature of the IET I use now.
I give a A+++++ to The Infinity Thread hands down. To all of you who do Thread work you must get The Infinity thread. To those of you who do not but would like to, THE Infinity thread is the best IET for amatuers because of the ease of its workability.

I will no longer use the dispenser because I have been Introduced to Infinity.
The Cloak which comes out in July, all my LOOPS workshops, will now be switched over to The Infinity Thread...

Justin N. Miller

Click here to view attached image.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The "Master" has spoken!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
WOW!

And it's great service too... They offer a FREE sample of the thread so you can test it before you buy it...

Check out the quote from their page [ here: http://magicjax.com/infinity/ ]

Quote:
To receive a free sample of the Infinity thread (Approximately 2 feet). Send a self address and stamped envelope to:
Infinity Thread Sample
1007 Hazard
Kalamazoo Michigan

I'm definetly going to get my free sample. =]
-Vinnie
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
How does this stuff compare to Silk Worm thread?

Anyone interested in shipping me a sample of the Infinity thread? (hey Mr. Miller?) Smile
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 23:05, RabbitInDaHat wrote:

Anyone interested in shipping me a sample of the Infinity thread? (hey Mr. Miller?) Smile

As in Vinnie's post, go to http://magicjax.com/infinity/ and send a self addressed stamped envelope to Ron Jaxon. The instructions on a sample are at the bottom of the page.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On 2007-05-29 23:05, RabbitInDaHat wrote:
How does this stuff compare to Silk Worm thread?

Hello RabbitInDaHat,
Please send me your address. I will send you a sample then please tell all of us how the two compare?

"Inquiring Minds want to know"

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
I've checked out the Silkworm thread today at my local magic shop.....pretty crazy stuff. 1 inch stretches to about 7-8 inches, and it's fairly strong (I was able to lift up about 20 cards with a single strand).

Curious to see how this thread compares.

Are there any plans on selling it in smaller spools? The price is rather high (even though it's MORE THAN ENOUGH for anyone's use)....but if the spool was smaller, priced less, I would definitely buy some.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Hi,
I don't have any plans for now to sell smaller packages but many people that have been purchasing have been buying in groups so see if your friends want any and that one package won't seem to cost so much!

Send me your address so you can test this, I will pay for the postage.

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
I found this "thread" by searching for Silk Worm.
I'm new to thread, and just received my Silk Worm. I've got the tying method down pat...I can make a loop in seconds.

But half the time it breaks just taking it off my wrist!

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just not good thread?
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
I just read some of the other info about Infinity Thread. I see I'm not the only one who wishes there was a smaller quantity available for less $$$.

If anyone wants to sell a partial spool, I'd be interested.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Hi Mitch,
Send me your email address and I will send you my tyeing instructions. Maybe that will help.

Good luck!

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
You can make 633,600 Loops loops with this if your loops were 6 inches long *cough* I did the short math
iamthemagicman
View Profile
New user
Canada
6 Posts

Profile of iamthemagicman
Mr. Sanchez

Do you ship the samples to Canada ? Also if the tying instructions are available seeing as how I don't know how to tie the loops. I'm looking into a spool but would like to test out your product first.
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
Magicman,

I've been using the Million Dollar Knot method from Penguin, and it's FAST and very easy. You can make 2-3 loops per minute.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
The Million Dollar Knot thread is not good at all. I would just get the Ben Harris IET. It is 200 feet in a dispenser for only about $25. It also comes with I think 8 routines.
erodoeht
View Profile
New user
Adelaide, South Australia
45 Posts

Profile of erodoeht
Just checking,
will this be available more commercially via a secure Credit Card payment website?
Thanks in advance
Theodore
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On 2007-06-03 00:53, erodoeht wrote:
Just checking,
will this be available more commercially via a secure Credit Card payment website?
Thanks in advance
Theodore

Hi Theodore,
You can buy this at...
http://www.brownbeauty.org
I accept paypal and all International shipments are an additional $9.00. I ship out USPS International Priority.

Thanks,

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
First of all. Awesome review Justin.

Quote:
On 2007-06-02 18:22, THEGUY26 wrote:
It is 200 feet in a dispenser for only about $25.

I just want to point this out because some have questioned the price of Infinity thread. The above pretty much explains the price. "$25 for 200 feet". I can't even fathom how many 200 feet lengths you can pull off a spool of the Infinity. Take four 200 foot lengths off the Infinity spool and I doubt you'll even notice any has been taken form it. That would be like taking $100 worth form the spool and you'd hardly even notice.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
JohnH
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
9 Posts

Profile of JohnH
I got my spool of Infinity Thread today and I am still sitting here in awe of the size of the thing. It is HUGE, in fact, HUGE does not do the size justice.

The problem I am having with it right now is finding the end of the thread to get started. There is sort of a spider web coming off the side but I have not been able to get to the end yet.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Hi John,
That which you call "spider web" is just the loose thread that has fallen off the circumference of the package. You can just take that and throw it away (you will not even notice it missing) or you can work with it and practice your loop tying with this portion. Once you remove it you will be left with a solid package and the thread will now be on the circumference of the package. To locate the end of the thread just hold the package in one hand and blow on the outside while rotating the spool. You will find the end which will blow off the package and you will be good to go. Even throwing away that initial portion, there is more thread than you will ever be able to use!

If you keep the thread in a cool dark area it will last longer than you!

Good luck with your "Infinity" IET!

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Infinity thread...Rudy Sanchez (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL