The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » International Magic - The Lecture Videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I was at IM site and it seems they have lots of lecture tapes. Can someone review some of them like Gary Kurtz, Lennart Green and Ray Krosby? Thanks

Lee
UJ
View Profile
New user
Finland
71 Posts

Profile of UJ
And while you're at it, I'd be interested to hear how people like the Derren Brown and Andy Nyman lectures.

Thanks!
UJ
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
The ones I have seen are great. I have seen Eugene Burger, John Le'Claire and a few others. They are live and have questions from the audience etc. They feel more like a personal lesson than a instructional tape, they don't always have as many trick s as other tapes. Like you only get 5 tricks on the Burger, but you also see his passion for magic come across and lots of stuff on the psychology of magic etc. More tha you would on a marketed tape. I have found these tapes to be good so far.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I agree with hackmonkey, these videos are great. Not only do you get the feeling of actually being there, but you also get to see some of the best magicians performing (and explaining) material not featured elsewhere on video. This is particularly true with the Gary Kurtz (2nd) video which features Gary's Amplified Ace Assembly, probably the most well thought out and convincing version of MacDonald's aces ever. A beautiful triple spellbound, a card to card box and an incredible, yet very easy two-deck routine also stand out.

I have seen most of the videos in the series, and I can't really remember a bad one, though the Kurtz, Bob Kohler David Williamson and Allan Ackerman are my favourites. The Dave Williamson tape is probably one of the best magic videos ever produced, period.

Hope this helps,

Iain.
Andrewdavidson12
View Profile
Loyal user
England
232 Posts

Profile of Andrewdavidson12
I can echo that - they are, from what I've seen, excellent.

My favourites are the Derren Brown and the Lennart Green tapes.

A
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
The Derren Brown lecture is excellent (but some things are not explained).
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
Generally, production values are not up to the standard of some of the 'studio' based videos and DVD available elsewhere, but that is not a deterrant as you will get to see many good performers.

My personal disappointment was the Andy Nyman lecture which was embarrassing to watch. It looked more like a bad first-run rehearsal as opposed to a professional lecture and presentation.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
JackTheRipper
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of JackTheRipper
On the Gary Kurtz video does he demo his UP or AAA assembly? I was going to buy it to figure it out because I can't find it anywhere. I will pay $100 for the UP Manuscript.

Tha Ripper
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » International Magic - The Lecture Videos (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL