The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » "The Magic Power of Your Mind" by Walter M. Germain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Howdy!

I was just wondering if anybody else has read the book mentioned in the subject line. The author's thoughts and ideas are clearly presented and all, but it is clearly an early text on the subject of suggestion and using it for self-improvement and whatnot. The only parts I'm not too fond of are those where he mixes spirituality into his explanations. He refers to ideas with names such as "the Divine Plan" and the "Golden Gift of God" (Germain 41). Also, he implies that spirituality is important to completely unlock the powers of the mind by writing sentences like, "We only have to recognize how God works His wonders through the laws governing nature and 'human nature.'" (Germain 133) Nothing big, but you know...

So, anybody else ever pick this book up? It's from 1956, so a lot of the material may well be outdated (which is obvious after reading), but his approach to understanding and utilizing the "Supraconcious" mind is quite brilliant. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » "The Magic Power of Your Mind" by Walter M. Germain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL