The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Mirrors (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

totalmagic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of totalmagic
Just a little tip while practicing. Be careful how much you use a mirror because if you use it too much you may become dependent on it. I would suggest using a video camera instead.
paulleemagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of paulleemagic
Great advise, I tape lots of my shows also & review them.

Paul Lee
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
To me, the problem with mirrors is that it causes the performer to look at the wrong place.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Mirrors are a good first step to not looking at your hands and seeing what it looks like to the Spectator.

Getting the Video Camera out is best but in the end almost any practice is good (good practice is better).

I do learn a lot more with Video practice.

-Mary Mowder
kal
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of kal
I would suggest eliminating mirror practice completely.
The effect of a mirror is for a performer to concentrate on the wrong thing. With the technology available today performance recording is the best way to go.

It gives you the opportunity to just focus on how it plays out, rather than how it looks. Things I have learnt when using a camera are to be your own worst enemy. Put the camera at eye-level, and then high up. And higher still.
Then low, and to the right.
Move it over and over.
Suddenly you realise what angles REALLY are, and how to deal with them far faster than you ever could without the cold mechanical eye giving you the heads-up.
Card men in particular should notice this adds considerably to their learning curve.
I'm always honest about when I'm lying. And I'm always lying...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Mirrors (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL