The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Scripts for the Magic Switchboard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
What scripts are you using for the Wellington Magic Switchboard?
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Richard Graham
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Richard Graham
I've just bought this effect and love it! I'm still playing around with scripting and different permutations for performing it but at the moment I'm presenting it as a puzzle which bemuses me as much as it does the audience. The main recurring theme is that whilst you might be able to confuse the law of physics, you cannot confuse the law of logic, which says a red switch will always light a red bulb, a blue switch a blue bulb etc.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Anybody using a Switchboard?

Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
stingrayboy1
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of stingrayboy1
I just received the mini swithboard...I am using an idea from someone else who is using one...I still will need to get their permission to go forward with the idea.

I bring out a black pelican type waterproof high impact box...on the front lid are the words "Current Specific Testing Equipment". You carefully open the box as you are explaining the two known types of electrical current...Alternating Current which is found normally in a home or business...commonly refered to as "AC"...and the other stored form most commonly used in battery storage devices as Direct Current or "DC".

I am explaing this as I call attention to the board. I will modify and cover the Edison trademark with a thin brass plaque with some bizzarre electrical/mystical symbol which I explain stands for the most recently discoverd form of electricity...Specific Current" or "SC".

I may link this new current to be cokor specific and go on with the routine as per the Wellington directions. Or take a look at a nice presentation on You Tube...put in Magic Switchboard in the search window. The folks at Wellington had no idea it was posted.

I'm open for any suggestions or help I can offer...been waitng for seems like 30 years to finally ger one...They told me the price is going up with the next batch.
stingrayboy1
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of stingrayboy1
Sorry for the typo...meant color specific...
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 19:06, stingrayboy1 wrote:

I am explaing this as I call attention to the board. I will modify and cover the Edison trademark with a thin brass plaque with some bizzarre electrical/mystical symbol which I explain stands for the most recently discoverd form of electricity...Specific Current" or "SC".

I really like "Specific Current". It makes lots of sense in describing how the specific current for a color will always find the light of that color.

Kind of makes me want to buy one of these items.

Thanks for sharing.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
cachomachine
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of cachomachine
Take a look at this one
http://www.magicswitchbox.com/
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Cachomachine: Is that a rip-off of the Wellington switch box?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Yes Whit, it is another copy.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
MikeC
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MikeC
I like the SC idea. I might look into getting a brass piece to put over the Edison symbol. That sticker just screams "fake" to me...

Anyone else care to share their scripts?
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I learned a lot about scripting by reading Stephen King "On Writing". Little book, the first half is pretty narcissic but the second part is extremely valuable and I learned a lot despite my extensive university times (in law and business)
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
I'm listening to the King book on writing (audio) right now. Narcissistic, yes, but still entertaining. It is informative to see how events in his life triggered a lot of his fiction.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
While I think the Switchboard is "proppy", I love mine.

I use a wonderful presentation inspired by (and mostly written) by Café member, Rob Signs. He gave me permission to use his presentation and I think it is very interesting. My biggest problem with the effect is trying to move it away from being a "puzzle". This is harder than it seems. I have not spoken with Rob in some time, but I think he should publish his routine (it is great). Maybe he will chime in.

Sean
shazammagic
View Profile
New user
Maryland
32 Posts

Profile of shazammagic
Any good endings for the switchboard? Much like Topsy-Turvy Bottles, it's the sort of effect that can go on forever, but is tough to make a kicker finish for.

Thoughts appreciated!
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
My routine for the switchboard will be published in my column in MUM magazine. Probably will be in the April, 2011 issue. It took me a long time to come up with a strong ending for it. I think I have, and it will be explained in the article.

I have not seen or even heard of the Rob Signs routine before. I do hope that I have not accidentally duplicated something he created. I've been doing my routine for a long time, including using it several times in the Parlor of the Magic Castle.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
bloomclaude
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of bloomclaude
Hello,I would like to thank Dennis Loomis for his routine published on the MUM April 2011.

His Magic Switchboard routine is perfect I thought of selling it before reading his routine and now its one of my favourites.

His routine changes this normally puzzle presented into an amazing magic made by you .

It has a few steps of effects claiming up to a great climax ending highly recommended
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2012-03-16 20:09, bloomclaude wrote:
Hello,I would like to thank Dennis Loomis for his routine published on the MUM April 2011.

His Magic Switchboard routine is perfect I thought of selling it before reading his routine and now its one of my favourites.

His routine changes this normally puzzle presented into an amazing magic made by you .

It has a few steps of effects claiming up to a great climax ending highly recommended

I couldn't agree more. Dennis Rocks!!!!
ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of ceme20
I know these posts are a few years old. I have just purchased a Wellington Switchboard and would love to find some scripts for it! If anyone knows how I could acces that late Dennis loomis's routines please pm. Also am very interested in Rob Signs routines.
I love the idea of SC current also! I will be exploring that for sure!
Thanks much!
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Likewise, I was thinking of acquiring a Wellington Switchboard this year, but like many others, I have yet to find a routine that changes this from just a never-ending puzzle to one with an actual climax. Can anyone help me find a copy of the Dennis Loomis routine published in the MUM April 2011? I would be most appreciative. Thank you. Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Profile of Martin Andersen
This is our new approach

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
Magicians love it Smile
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Scripts for the Magic Switchboard (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL