The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Confidence to perform » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gordonmj
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of gordonmj
Hello Chad I do not realy perform that often and would like to but every time I perform my hands shake no matter who it is for. I was wondering if you could give some sdvice on any way of building up confidence.
thanks
Marc
booya!
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Marc,

You know, I used to be the exact same way. The first time I ever performed for a group of more than 6 people, I almost threw up! My hands were shaking uncontrollably, and I barely looked at them! I'll tell you what the cure is though- performing more! That's right, the only way to get over it, and get a lot better at the same time, is to perform as much as you possibly can. You have to realize that what you do is something most people haven't seen a lot of, at least in person. Combine this with all the practice you've hopefully been doing, and you'll probably knock their socks off! Honestly, if they could do it any better, they'd be showing you tricks! Now stop reading this, and get out there and perform! Good Luck!

Chad
gordonmj
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of gordonmj
Thanks Chad
booya!
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-27 10:00, gordonmj wrote:
Thanks Chad

You're still here? I thought I told you to go perform...don't make me pull this forum over...

Chad
Thomas Okey
View Profile
New user
Lakeland Florida
50 Posts

Profile of Thomas Okey
I decided to post this here instead of starting a new post. I think it applies to having confidence.

Most of us here know that you change your audience and not your routines but that has always brought up an interesting question.

Who do perform for so you can learn, practice, gain confidence or what ever label you want to put on it, the routines that you want to do?
You stated in another post that you became serious out of High school so I am assuming that you had the same problem in school. I mean you can't change your classmates that often. Unless one of your parents were/are in the military and then you move quite often.
I remember Mike Close talking about a routine that he first performed at the restaurant he worked at before Illusions. I am at work so I can't look this up but my point is where and who did he practice this routine on before getting his gig. I can't remember the name of the routine but I think it was the one where all the cards become Jokers at the end. This isn't a beginners trick. It is a GREAT trick but not a beginners trick. You read in a lot of books, don't practice on your paying customers, you should already be ready.
Of course I don't expect you to answer the question about Mr. Close. I was just using that as an example.

I would really like to hear you experience, ideas and thoughts on this.

Thanks for putting up with my long winded question.

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Confidence to perform » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL