The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Strolling vs. Formal show » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Hello,
Thanks for being there. It's very nice to have you here!
I wonder if you manage to get (and how often) the opportunity to present a more constructed close-up show. For instance, except in lectures, how often will you perform your rubber-dart-pistol routine (or any table routine)?
And, by the way, do you look forward to having such performances or do you prefer strolling venues? (But some the routines you published, as your "dart" or "hofzinser-aces" routines do require some room on a table or even sitting down.)
Many thanks!
Jonathan.
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Hi Jonathan,

I really enjoy doing close-up shows, since you are able to do stuff you can't do strolling and it's during these types of situations (trade shows, hospitality suites, etc) that I like to do the dart gun trick...

Thanks,

Chad
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Yo Chad,

last month I was at the Castle in the close-up room and I closed my Multiple Selection routine with your dart gun trick... I only missed twice out of 25+ shows... it always got a great reaction...

for me the real secret was learning how to toss up the half deck so they showered down in a spread out pattern... I also got some sticky black stuff used in theatrical production that was better that poster putty...
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-28 19:09, Danny Archer wrote:
Yo Chad,

last month I was at the Castle in the close-up room and I closed my Multiple Selection routine with your dart gun trick... I only missed twice out of 25+ shows... it always got a great reaction...

for me the real secret was learning how to toss up the half deck so they showered down in a spread out pattern... I also got some sticky black stuff used in theatrical production that was better that poster putty...

Danny,

Great, now if I work the Castle and miss three timees....lol...

Chad

PS: I always hold the half-deck in 'Charlier Cut' position in my left hand, with my index finger curled underneath, pressed against the face, and then let them spring from my left thumb. They really scatter nicely and, of course you aim for the area in front of the dart gun.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
What I did was hold them in my LH and moved my thumb and fingers in opposite directions (like I was doing a 1-handed fan) as I tossed the cards high in the air...

I wait a beat and then as the cascade down I shoot into the middle of the cards...
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Hi Chad!

I saw you lecture here in Eugene,OR a few years back. Which notes did the dart gun trick appear in?

Also, its been a while but I remember you opened your lecture with a very clean production/vanish of three coins. Can you elaborate on this effect?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-29 12:39, Hart Keene wrote:
Hi Chad!

I saw you lecture here in Eugene,OR a few years back. Which notes did the dart gun trick appear in?

Also, its been a while but I remember you opened your lecture with a very clean production/vanish of three coins. Can you elaborate on this effect?

Hi Hart,

Ahh...Eugene, I remember it well! The trick with the toy dart gun is in The Lost Cheesy Notebooks - Volume 2. The coin trick I did is by Troy Hoosier and I found it in the Magic Man Examiner by Chris Kenner, but I don't remember which volume. I think you can find it in Troy's book "DesTROYers" by Joshua Jay. Take care!

Chad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Strolling vs. Formal show » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL