The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How do you present yourself and do you mix mentalism with magic? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pasteboardmoves
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Pasteboardmoves
Hello.

I was wandering how do you present yourself when performing mentalism? Do you make out you have real powers like you were born with it or discoverd it at an early age or became psychic after a car crash or some other bogus story?
Or do you say, "Hey, this is all just a trick, I'm not psychic". Do you tell them that it's just special knowledge or that your just one step ahead of them or that you are thinking ahead of them?
Or do you make out it's all psycological pricipals and influences, et?

Whatever you answer would you please say what type of mentalism you perform, for example, would nail writers and trick envelopes really go with the latter presentation?

Thanks,

John.
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Not to be unkind, but the judicious use of the "Search" function would reveal many preexising threads on this exact topic.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Start with this:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

You can also check my own thread with a different view on this:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/archive1/vie......forum=15

Mikael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How do you present yourself and do you mix mentalism with magic? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL