The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » HOW!?!?! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Hi Chad,

One of my all time favourite effects is your 'Shuffling Lesson'...how in the world did you come up with it?!?!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-29 19:26, Christopher Williams wrote:
Hi Chad,

One of my all time favourite effects is your 'Shuffling Lesson'...how in the world did you come up with it?!?!!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the kind words about the 'Shuffling Lesson'. I came up with that around 1994. I was sitting in a Café in Japan with Hiro Sakai (killer magician from Tokyo), and was doing a trick for this lady sitting next to us. I asked her to shuffle the deck and found it very curious the way she did it. I thought it would be cool if you could control that situation & make a spectator shuffle that way every time.

When she left, I culled the four aces to the top of the deck and gave the top half to Hiro. I told him to do everything I did, and I led him through the bare bones of the routine. As soon as he started doing it, he winked and said, "Ohhh, good idea!".

Later, I made it a "do-as-I-do" effect, with myself getting the kings and the spectator getting the aces. They never see it coming. It's funny, but I'd been doing it for laymen for years before I ever put it in my lecture, because I thought magicians would figure it out immediately. Then I did it in a lecture one night and fooled most everybody! When I explained it, the President yelled out, "Finally, one I can do!" LOL! I've had a lot of fun with it. Thanks again, and take care...

Chad
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-29 19:26, Christopher Williams wrote:
Hi Chad,

Quick story. I remember doing it one time for this guy at a trade show, and he really thought he did the whole thing himself. He quickly walked away after the trick, shouting to me, "Thanks so much! My wife is going to freak when I do this for her!"

I smiled and waved, just getting this mental picture in my head of him and his wife each shuffling half decks all night tring to get the aces and kings to appear! LOL!

Chad
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

LOL! Great story. I remember the first time I saw it, I was knocked for six. However the great thing is, an I don't mean this as an insult, is so few Magicians know of it! I don't know why but everyone I show says, Wow, whos is that?!?! Would love to take the credit for myself, but don't think I could ever come up with something so amazing, great job!
www.magicman13.co.uk

wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Hmmm... magicians don't know about Shuffling Lesson? I have it in at least two publications.
AoA
Magic for Dummies
..and it think it's in one of Chad's notes too, yes?

I guess that proves that magicians can't read. Either that or they can't imagine... Oh, well. It will be our little secret right guys?
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Shuffling lesson is simply a great gem in card magic! Easy to do and fools everyone! Thanks Chad once again!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 01:31, wsduncan wrote:
Hmmm... magicians don't know about Shuffling Lesson? I have it in at least two publications.
AoA
Magic for Dummies

I guess that proves that magicians can't read. Either that or they can't imagine... Oh, well. It will be our little secret right guys?

Oops, you forgot my first magic tape...it's in there too! LOL!

Chad
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 02:16, Steven Leung wrote:
Shuffling lesson is simply a great gem in card magic! Easy to do and fools everyone! Thanks Chad once again!

Thanks Steven, check's in the mail...

Chad
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-06-30 01:31, wsduncan wrote:
AoA
Magic for Dummies

Magicians don't want to read...most people now would rather get a DVD and learn it off there. It is for us few Magicians that prefer books over DVDs that benefit, as all the better routines are in print
www.magicman13.co.uk

Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Ha ha! Yet again someone refers to "Magic For Dummies" and within its pages is another gem!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Wow, that's in there? Neat.
john_herm
View Profile
New user
NJ
69 Posts

Profile of john_herm
Yes, it's in Magic for Dummies, my first book ever. There's actually some really good effects in that book. I love the photocopied card revelation (I have the paper right next to me right now) and another mentalism effect with cards. I suggest picking it up, it also has some great stories in it. Smile

John
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Magic for Dummies is a great book. I wrote a small booklet that added Spiritual Applications to the presentations found in that book. Such a great starter book.

RevJohn
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Out of all the 'Do-as-i-do' effects out there, I think it is still THE best version available, above all gimmicked versions as well!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 12:22, john_herm wrote:
Yes, it's in Magic for Dummies, my first book ever. There's actually some really good effects in that book. I love the photocopied card revelation (I have the paper right next to me right now) and another mentalism effect with cards. I suggest picking it up, it also has some great stories in it. Smile

John

John, now stop it! We're still on me! Tomorrow you can mention the other great effects in that book! Dang, didn't you get the memo! LOL!

Chad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » HOW!?!?! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL