The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » question??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
I'm just wondering if anyone knows who started the whole multi packet cutting trend?

Kenner? Hooser? Who?????????
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
I think it was Bill Kalush.
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
The first I remember was Troy Hoosier who had a cut published in The Minatour some time back. I know that there was some history given either in the Minatour or in the Trapdoor. I will look it up when I get home and post any info I can find.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I was under the impression it was Gianni Mattiolo. No? Smile
Yakworld.
Julien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Julien
I have seen a tape of Skinner doing some crazy multiple packet cut back in the 70s.

Supposing that this thing predates him, it seems to be quite an "old" thing
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Jerry Andrus has been doing this kinda stuff since the 50's. I'm sure he wasn't the first. Trust me, Kalush, Asher, Hooser, the Buck boys, Tudor--none of these guys were even thought of yet when this stuff started.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
Gianni Mattiolo published the Illogical Shuffle in Apocalypse in 1985. Troy Hooser's Ultimate Illogical Cut is based on this and was published in The Minotaur in 1990. Chris Kenner published his Sybil cut in his book in 1992. Even though cuts like these have been performed for many years I would credit Troy Hooser and Chris Kenner for making them as popular as they are today. BTW my favorite of these cuts is Harry Levine's Helicopter Cut.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » question??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL