The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bubble related Magic videos/effects and Losander's videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
Hello. I always have been keeping my eye on bubble magic and always have read on The Café when bubble related magic came up. This is something I would love to master and do.
I was wondering if you can give me your opinions/reviews and ups and down on these videos and effects?
*A Neo Touch- Vito Lupo on Video
Is it worth to buy just for the portion on bubble magic with the hefty($65) dollar price?
*Art of Levitation Video Volume 1 and 2 by Losander
What do you think about the bubble magic portions?
*Losander's Bubble Zombie
What do you think of this from seeing it on the video or buying the actual effect he now has on the magic market?
*Vito Lupo Superbouncing Bubble Kit
If you have this, what do you think of it? Also, where can you purchase this if you still can?

Also, how good is Lupo's bubble solution and Losander's Floating Bubble solution?
(I know about CatchaBubble, etc., but I don't think it would probably be as strong.)

Any info/reviews/opinions/ups and downs would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Mack Magic
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1354 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>*Art of Levitation Video Volume 1 and 2 by
>Losander. What do you think about the
>bubble magic portions?

I hate seeing people asking if anyone's seen their request for information and still get ignored, especially if it's something somebody is genuinely interested in and needs some opinions before making a decision to buy or not. I feel guilty because I've seen the videos you mentioned, but was hoping somebody else would respond. I can't say that I have much to add, but I have seen these two videos.

The bubble magic portion is small, compared to the rest of the effects. It's been awhile since I saw these videos, too, and I would hate to have to watch them again (they were a bit boring). The bubble zombie was interesting to me merely from the point of curiosity. I could never see any practical use for it myself because that's just not the sort of thing I do.

I think he also does regular bubbles that he blows, they fall, pause in midair, and then rise again. I can see kids going nuts over this, or at a family gathering outdoors. But the effect can only be very short.

The bubble zombie has a bit more inherent value and disguise built-in. His special foulard adds to the effect when it appears that he cloaks the bubble and it's strong enough to lift the foulard. Then he pops it and shows that nothing was inside except the bubble.

This is more of a description than a true opinion, because I don't really have an opinion on this and I want to remain objective. I think he charges a fair amount for his bubble solution and foulard. I remember I used to play with, I think it was called a Joystick, that used Joy detergent because it was stronger. I always wondered if he was just using something like that, which I would never pay for.

Brian
JSRovner
View Profile
New user
Southern California
34 Posts

Profile of JSRovner
I do children's magic, and have found that a particular bubble effect is the highlight of my act. It's very simple -- with my hands otherwise empty, I show an ordinary, small container of bubble fluid and a wand. I blow several bubbles, then reach into them and extract one. I drop it to the table, showing that it's solid. That always gets a gasp from someone. I then place it in my other hand and toss it back into the sky. The bubble has vanished and my hands are empty. The effect is called "Bubbles, Bubbles" and it sells for $13. It's made by Eddie's Trick Shop and is available from some of the big magic shops. The trick's basically self-working, except for the final vanish, which requires a servante, topit or other way to end clean. Of course, even without the vanish the trick's pretty strong.

Here's a link to Eddie's Trick Shop where you can buy it:
http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
Thank you Brian, I really appreciate it.
If anyone else has any info on these videos/effects too, it would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
On 2003-02-03 07:33, JSRovner wrote: I blow several bubbles, then reach into them and extract one. I drop it to the table, showing that it's solid. That always gets a gasp from someone. I then place it in my other hand and toss it back into the sky. The bubble has vanished and my hands are empty. The effect is called "Bubbles, Bubbles" and it sells for $13. It's made by Eddie's Trick Shop and is available from some of the big magic shops. The trick's basically self-working, except for the final vanish, which requires a servante, topit or other way to end clean. Of course, even without the vanish the trick's pretty strong.

I have that effect also. "Bubbles Bubbles" always gets great reactions from anyone of any age. I carry it around with me all the time when I'm doing magic. It's not that too high of a price, and is pretty much self working and can be learned in no time. I agree too, that the effect itself no matter what routine you might do with it is pretty strong. Thanks for sharing about this great effect. I highly recommend it. Just my 2 cents on that.
Thanks and Sincerely,
Mack Magic
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Mack,

Try "multiplying soap bubbles" available from Abbott's magic company http://www.abbottmagic.com You can't get much info from their site. You will have to download their catalogue. It is under the balls section. Also, I have a climax to the "bubbles, bubbles" where you do the standard bubble catch two times, then blow a huge bubble, reach out and catch it. The huge bubble is almost as large as a pool ball. Let me know if you are interested.

FC
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
Quote:
On 2003-02-03 17:05, FCpreacher wrote:
Mack,

Try "multiplying soap bubbles" available from Abbott's magic company http://www.abbottmagic.com You can't get much info from their site. You will have to download their catalogue. It is under the balls section. Also, I have a climax to the "bubbles, bubbles" where you do the standard bubble catch two times, then blow a huge bubble, reach out and catch it. The huge bubble is almost as large as a pool ball. Let me know if you are interested.

FC

Thank you for the info about the multiplying soap bubbles, I really appreciate it. I PMed you about the "Bubbles Bubbles" routine.

Anyone else?

Thanks and Sincerely,
Mack Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bubble related Magic videos/effects and Losander's videos (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL