The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anyone heard of Frixion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Hello there,

I heard there is a new (not too sure abt this) product called Frixion that is apparently only available in Europe. It is basically a pen that writes a type of ink that can be removed using heat. Anyone knows about this and where to get it? Reviews please...similar product recommendations are also welcomed.

Thanks!!
terrick
View Profile
New user
IN
75 Posts

Profile of terrick
Yep, there was a thread about them a while ago: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

I've been meaning to pick a couple up, but I just haven't yet. Gotta get them from ebay so I don't have to pay 800 dollars for shipping.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2007-07-09 11:18, terrick wrote:
Gotta get them from ebay so I don't have to pay 800 dollars for shipping.

HaHa!

Yes, we don't have the luxury of picking these up in our local corner stores.
They are nice pens though and worth grabbing a bundle when you can.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
I bought one on Ebay for about $6.00 including shipping.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I recently bought four pens for $16 through eBay. They were located in CA as well, so there was no big delay on shipping. You can buy them from the UK easliy, but they often charge a lot for shipping. Great pens. No one knows about them.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
They are listed $1.75 from pilot. Anyone come up with some cool tricks for this yet? I have seen a couple of commercial offerings, but I can't seem to remember their names though.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Did you realize you can make the INK COME BACK AGAIN!!!

Simply place the paper in a freezer for a few hours &the INK RETURNS!!
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
It also doesn't need a flame of any kind to make the words disapper. Friction is what makes it work but you can use a flame or heat of some kind.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
I have of these that a friend gave me.

He never did anything with it and niether do I.

Because to me, and him, it's obvious that it's a chemical reaction, and not very magical.
The best idea would to be able to get it to vansih without any known source of heat.
But I never came up with any ideas.

Randi
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
They are only good if you have the ideas. Mathieu Bich markets the pen with a booklet on some routines. Jon Armstrong has some of the best I have seen with this, and there are a few others who have some work with it whos name is annoying alluding me right now. In the UK you can get these in almost any shop you walk into, and dirt cheap!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys... I got three of these pens from Ebay for like $10 (shipping included).

I'm having so much fun with them! Only thing is that I have yet to find a pen that looks like the same type of ink.

Does anyone know of a pen that writes similar to the Frixion Pen? (I have Black ink by the way)

Thanks guys!!
-Vinnie
gounico
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of gounico
Quote:
On 2007-07-09 15:32, Christopher Williams wrote:
They are only good if you have the ideas. Mathieu Bich markets the pen with a booklet on some routines. Jon Armstrong has some of the best I have seen with this, and there are a few others who have some work with it whos name is annoying alluding me right now. In the UK you can get these in almost any shop you walk into, and dirt cheap!

IN the same time in france we've done this booklet:
http://www.bdli.fr/product_info.php?products_id=798

23 routines from differents magicians. We have written this booklet in english too.
It was one of the best trick there is two years.
If you have any question : bdli@hotmail.fr
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

I got my answer via PM from Vince Mendoza.

Just decided to share:

If anyone else had the same question, your answer is the Pilot G2 pen!

The Pilot G2 writes very similar to the Frixion Pen, and the Frixion cartridge also fits inside of the G2 body!

Have fun! =]
-Vinnie
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
I have to of these pens. They are awesome! You can put them in the freezer and the writting comes back in around a minute or less.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 18:07, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
Only thing is that I have yet to find a pen that looks like the same type of ink.

Does anyone know of a pen that writes similar to the Frixion Pen? (I have Black ink by the way)

Quote:
On 2007-11-01 17:53, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
The Pilot G2 writes very similar to the Frixion Pen, and the Frixion cartridge also fits inside of the G2 body!

Thank you for the info.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I love my frixion pen, people always freak out when I do stuff with it. I have a lot of people ask me too show them this one.

Mike
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
I"ve put together a nice routine using the pen. It has been getting a fabulous reaction, and the trick end with a very nice give-away. I, like Randirain, am looking for a heat source not so obvious as a lighter. So far, no luck. I am going to see Jon Armstrong lecture 11-2-07, so maybe he has something to share on that subject.
Patrick
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Patrick, I'm on the hunt with you!

I think someone mentioned a heating pack for like gloves or something before... Maybe you could attach it to your leg, and while sitting in a chair, place the paper on your leg above the heat source and let it do what it does. =]

All's I know is that my wood burning stove was on the other night, and I took a piece of paper and wrote something on it with the Frixion Pen, and as soon as the paper touched the stove, the letters disappeared within a fraXion of a second. Smile
Very magical!

-Vinnie
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
If I'm not mistaken, the FRIXION pen is named this because "friction" makes the ink disappear. Just rub it vigorously and the ink will disappear because of the heat.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Bill, you are correct in a sense, but not completely.

The Frixion Pen comes in a body that has one rubber end that creates the friction when rubbed, but rubbing it with something like your fingers vigorously will not get the job done. Besides, rubbing ink with some other object and having it disappear isn't too magical.

-Vinnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anyone heard of Frixion? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL