The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » Chuck downunder » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Chuck,

Could you give Café readers a bit of insight in your decision to moving from the USA to Australia and how it's ended up working out for you?

TIM
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
I worked in Australia for many years and brought my wife down on one trip. She said she'd like to raise our kids here, which was interesting because we didn't have any kids...only kidding....We liked the pace of life and the educational system. We are still here after 10 years and plan to stay . Tim you have been a fine friend, supporter, and your wife is very attractive.....thanks for asking...chuck
Ted Danger
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco/Utila
106 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
Hey Chuck,

I've heard they have special devices down under for scaring away the lerge marsupials. Have you ever tried using one of those kangaroo hide Bullwhips?

I haven't yet figured out how the kids in my neighborhood know I do a whip routine,
but whenever I dash to my car, I hear them calling me cracker.......
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
I'm Jewish...considering I hurt myself on a shoe lace, A bull whip is out of the question...Perhaps the kids figured out you do a bull whip from the picture which shows you with lots of bull whips...kids are smart..thanks for yakking...chuck
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Chuck, what have you found to be the main differences between the American and Australian audiences?
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
It can't be health care insurance......
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
The main difference is, in order to get an American audience I have to travel 7800 miles...I can get an Australian audience without leaving my living room..Other than that, not much..The truth is that there is not much difference as long as they speak english. My act seems to translate pretty well anywhere. I had to learn a few Australian words like: Criss, Hissy, Sunnies, Avo, Runners, etc, but other than that every thing is the same....thanks....chuck
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Manal...Health card insurance is much cheaper here...We also have socialized medicine. What a blessing. I could not have afforded to have the operation I did a few years back, if I were living in the States. America is still home...especially to my friends, whom I miss terribly, but this is home now also...thanks for writing in...chuck
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Home is where you hang your hat and GOD doesn't see countries or borders. On the other hand, Americans get a better seat in Heaven beacuse we invented Jazz.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Yeah, maybe. But the best jazz cats aren't gonna be hanging around with a bunch of squares in heaven.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
So true. But GOD does love guys that can throw cards!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Mr. Fayne,
I'm glad you are well, Manal
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Manal...thanks for the good wishs..chuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » Chuck downunder » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL