The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » Some questions to save time » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Chuck it's great to have you. I'll ist some questions that will most likely come up in other posts, so this may save you some time. You may thank or curse me later.

1) Have you ever worked in restaurants? If so, did you accept tips, wants tips?

2) Do you do the pass. Do you think it's needed?

3) Do you do card to wallet. If so, what version

4) On Dai Vernon? Any funny story about him that stands out?

5) Did you ever meet Charlie Miller? If so, any funny story about him?

6) WHat do you think is the card trick that has the most impact on a lay audience?

7) On the DVD Chuck Fayne Live! you mentioned having differences with the creator of the 100 Dollar Ace Trick. Was thatOne Armed McDonald?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Yes I have worked in restaurants. Tips are nice, but not expected.
Yes do the pass and I do think it's needed. However, I think many magicians who attempt the pass use it before they are ready. It is a very difficult move to do well. Practice, Practice...it does make perfect. Thanks..chuck

Sorry, I didn't answer all of the questions
My version and my move to the wallet. I do not use an envelope, I just go straight to the wallet. I think the envelope make that which is possible...impossible. Just my feelings.

At Vernon's 88th Birthday Party, he fell asleep under a huge paper banner that said, "Happy 88th."...I went into the computer room where the original banner was made and made on that said, "Happy 89th"...and then tried to convince him he had been asleep for a year.

I met Charlie Miller many times. I remember seeing him perform in the Palace at the Magic Castle. He went into the audience and had a card selected and returned to the deck. On his way back up the stairs to the stage he said, "I am now doing the pass."....Always make thing simple and take advantage of all moments that help.
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
"card on the seat"..without a doubt

I will have to look at the DVD again..I don't remember having any issues with the inventor of McDonalds Aces...will look and get back to you. thanks for the questions..chuck
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Chuck, the Vernon stroy was priceless!!!

Card on The Seat ( without getting a lawsuit like you did from that Jerks wife) is a winner!

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I second that Vernon story!...LOL
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
What law suit... have been lucky...Never sued....please let me know what you meant...thanks
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-07-12 17:13, Chuck Fayne wrote:
What law suit... have been lucky...Never sued....please let me know what you meant...thanks

Chuck on your LIVE DVD you performed and taught card under the seat and said the husband of a lady you did it for was upset and you had to show them later how you did or he was going to sue.

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Chuck and law suits! He'll tell you about the Woofle Dust next! *g*
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Christopher... That incident was one of the biggest compiments I ever got. After I finished the routine and I asked the woman to stand up.....Her husband, fooled completely, stood up in the back and yelled" How dare you touch my wife's A**. I said, "Not only did I not touch your wifes A, I didn't wan't to."...This did not make either of them happy. I asked him to stay and decided to expose the method to clear the air. When I did, he said," That's not the way you did it."...One of the best compliments I have ever had. chuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » Some questions to save time » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL