The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Chaos 2 by Mark Elsdon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Anybody own this effect? I did a search and couldn't find a review. If you have it and would be willing to review it I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

-Paul
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have it. It is good. Easy to do, and you can come up with several different variations with a little thought. Noting spectacular, but it is a good effect for the layman.
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
I like Chaos 2, its a version of the self shuffling deck. The supplied routine plays well, easy reset and not difficult to do. The deck can be shown fairly but cannot be examined by the spectator. Chaos 2 does require some table space but still makes a good table hopping trick if you have room for another deck of cards. Plays very well for the layperson!!,not a magician fooler.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
MY review for Chaos 2:

This is something you can learn the basic principle of on Mark Elsdon's dvd "Before I Forget." The marketed version is much nicer than what I was able to make up at home. I found what Mark said on the dvd about DF cards was not accurate. It could have been the my particular deck but that was my experience when trying to make one myself.

I broke down and bought the marketed version used here on the Café. I am so glad I did. This effect is just awesome for almost all ages. It is so visual that even children as young as 6 can understand the effect of the cards mixing and unmixing. The theme is so much fun to present as it plays light and totally unbelievable that this deck box is an actual machine. I like to say it was specially made by NASA, kind of tongue in cheek. The reactions are terrific and I have to disagree with fbnc above in his comment "not a magician fooler." The fact that you show both sides of the deck mixed is what I think really sells this routine to everybody. It just seems so fair.

The negative aspect of this product (IMHO) is the price. Mark explains on "Before I forget" how to make it and if it worked as he explains it would cost about $10 to make. The only added benefit to buying the marketed version would be the slightly altered routine and the stickers. This would have been more fairly priced in the $15 to $20 range, but it can be bought for around $26 at MJM. In spite of the price I still say go for it as it is a real worker with quick reset (maybe 30 secs.) and no slights.

You can see and purchase it here:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/chaos-2-by......754.html
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I agree Paul I too love this one. I also love cheek to cheek too.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
What's the dif ( if you can explain without tipping the secret ) between the Cheek to Cheek deck?

$22.95 over at MadHatter:
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=3496
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
The difference is a couple subtleties like being able to show the deck at the beginning as not mixed up on both sides. Later on you can show the deck mixed up on both sides. That and the presentation are the main differences.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paul, thanks for sharing this with us. It was off my radar but now is back on.

THANKS!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I have still been using this table hopping weekly and am still loving it. What a great effect.

No. I am not Mark Elsdon's brother, I just really like this effect.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Here's an original presentation with my custom Chaos deck for those still wondering....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11rhTU3EMXk
Doruk Ãœlgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ãœlgen
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 00:43, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Here's an original presentation with my custom Chaos deck for those still wondering....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11rhTU3EMXk

nice story there Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just love this effect. So powerful, yet so easy.
KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Chaos 2 by Mark Elsdon (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL