We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » I heard a rumor... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6576 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hi, Chuck!

I had the great honor and pleasure of hanging out with you for several hours at the A-1 convention about a decade ago, where you gave me a number of great tips and advice, as well as just good conversation. I'm sure you don't remember, but I always will!

I heard a rumor that you are quite adept at jazz banjo and go by the name "Fritz." Is that true? Just curious...
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Almost true. I write a column on Fleamarketmusic...My contribution,for the last 10 years, as the resident expert on ukuleles. My name on the site is Frets. Thanks for remembering me and the nice words. Keep in touch...Its nice...chuck
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
735 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
You have quite a collection of Ukuleles, yes? Any fun stories about the you would care to share?

BTW it was so so so great to see you again...

Shawn
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
641 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Paul McCartney plays a uke on his new album...
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Shawn...I don't recognize you..have we met? I thought your act was sensational. I remembered a different Shawn until the convention. I thought you cleaned up...I would have loved to been in the Convention, as long as I didn't have to follow you. What with those people having to sit down an everything. A real pleasure to see you. I once walked into a party with my act in a ukulele case. I rang the doorbell and a woman came to the door and said "Where have you been, your an hour late?"..I said I was right on time...She said, "Get into the other room and start workint,"..I walked into the room and up to the dinner table and dumped the entire contents of the uke case on the table...She asked,"Where is your violin,"...I told her I wasn't the violin player....She asked the following question,,,"why not?"...So you ask if I had knew Pancho Villa, I had lunch with him.....nice to see you also...your a hoot..chuck
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
Danny...Paul McCartney is a big fan of ukes....Great player...see ya
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6576 Posts

I'm studying the Baritone Uke (guitar tuning) myself. It's a fun instrument. I don't have a high-end uke, but a decent starter job - an Oscar Scmidt (Washburn). Any pointers or recommended books to speed along my progress? I already know music theory and chord progressions, so I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up on it relatively comfortably.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Chuck Fayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
55 Posts

Profile of Chuck Fayne
If you click on the website..fleamarketmusic.com...you will find my column...Its called Uke Yak...I answer questions about the uke...You will also find dozens of starter books on the site. I think that is where you should be...Its designed for everyone....go take a trip around the site...chuck
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6576 Posts

Will do! Thanks, Chuck!
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2007 entrée: Chuck Fayne » » I heard a rumor... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL