The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Steve Brooks' Free Fall card effect? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
Harry
View Profile
New user
California
37 Posts

Profile of Harry
Just curious if anyone knows of this trick?
I hear great things by different people, any info is appreciated.
Cheers,
Harry
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
In 1995 I released a card utility called Free Fall, which was sold at a couple of shops in the states, and at lectures in Europe. Smile

It just so happens that Murphy's Magic Supplies is the exclusive distributor for my Free Fall gimmick, which is being re-released in the near future. Over the years I had labored hard making the gimmick by hand for the Underground guys, who enjoyed using the gaff in various situations.

By special arrangement, The United States Playing Card Co. has manufactured the gaffs for me. The new release will include the custom made gaff, and a new booklet with ideas/routines by myself, Aldo Colombini, the late Jerry Camaro, Steve Dobson and even Martin Lewis.

The Free Fall gimmick has a wide variety of uses only limited by your imagination!

Just one of many effects possible:
Imagine the spectator selecting a card, then places that card into the deck, then puts the deck back into its case, and closes same. Now with no funny moves, imagine the magician removing the selected card right thru the closed box in less than 1/100th of a second! No fooling! There are no suspicious moves to worry over and the entire effect happens in the blink of an eye!

What others are saying about Free Fall:
"Steve, this is a fine utility for card magic - so many possibilities" - Aldo Colombini

"What can I say about Free Fall...It's hard hitting visual magic that will pull the ripcord to a great audience response!!!" - Paul Green

"Umm...Yea! What Paul said!" - Chad Long

"It's a killer effect. Free Fall rips! Steve, this trick is brilliant. I hadn't been fooled in a long time and you fooled me out of the bed with Free Fall!" - Reed McClintock

"Fooled the $#!& out of me!" - Larry Jennings (Feb '97)

"A definite magician fooler" -
Jerry Camaro
(Feb '97)

"Free Fall Rocks! I smoke people badly with this! The first time I saw it, I too fell into that category of people wondering what the #?%$! - Peter Loughran

"Quick, Simple, Strong!" - David Goodsell (MUM magazine)

Will be Available at your favorite dealer!

Dealers should contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc., Click here!
Dealers call toll free: 1-800-853-7403
:stircoffee:
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Watch for this! I believe Steve is finishing up the new greatly expanded instructions. I saw Steve do Free Fall a long time ago. I think it was one of the first things I ever saw Steve perform.

Free Fall is very very strong. Steve is a pretty quiet, unassuming guy, and so he shows me this and blows me away! We became friends right off.

When Steve contacted me about having the gaffs printed by the US Playing Card Co. I immediately jumped on this, as I remembered how strong this effect was.

Steve advised he had gathered lots of new handlings, ideas, etc. and told me about a few. Some of the other handlings and uses are fabulous.

As it turned out, the gaffs came out beautiful.

It will be interesting to see what other ideas are spawned by this. Initially, as Steve mentioned in his post, it was a fairly limited release. Now with the new gaff, the expanded instructions, and a wider market, I think many people will create some interesting uses. Let Steve know if you come up with something.

If you don't get this trick, someone will end up fooling you BADLY with it. STRONGLY recommended!

Keep your eyes pealed for this and as SOON as Steve releases it, pick it up from Steve or your favorite dealer.

Tim Trono
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I bought this Free Fall effect several years ago, it's very good. Buy it!
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Sounds good!

How much is it gonna cost?
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I believe Steve advised it was going to sell for $25 US.

Tim
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Does anyone know where I can get this and pay by Paypal?

Steve...any ideas? Smile

All the best,

Logan

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
FREE FALL will be available through dealers worldwide. However, I will be setting up a page for users who wish to order directly from me using PayPal. Stay tuned, and thanks for your interest. Smile
Arlen
View Profile
Regular user
Keith Arlen Lack
143 Posts

Profile of Arlen
Steve gave me one awhile back. I never leave home with out it. It is so good, I even got Steve with it one night. Awesome! Get it or be fooled as they say.
Happy Conjuring,

Keith Arlen Lack
530-221-7324
www.arlenstudio.com
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Why wait till March?! The sooner the better. Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I'm finishing up a few touches on the new booklet. So, when I receive the booklets back from the printers, I'll let everyone know asap. You'll love it I'm sure. Smile
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Steve, could you tell us more about the instruction booklet? I saw a few of the ideas as mentioned above but know you have had a number of contributions since that time. Who contributed? What are some of the effects? The gaff is VERY cool and will certainly have lots of uses. I’ve been playing with it since you sent me the mock up gaff. Thanks, Steve.

Tim
Harry
View Profile
New user
California
37 Posts

Profile of Harry
This certainly sounds like a great item, and at a reasonable price. I will be looking forward to getting one as soon as it is released. Thanks for answering my question.

Cheers,
Harry
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
Sounds great, can't wait till it's out Steve.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Here are some of the effects that are in the FREE FALL instruction booklet:
-------------------------------------
Breaking the box barrier - Aldo Colombini

Spectator selects a card, shuffles the card into the deck, then places the deck back into the card box.
The performer blows up a balloon, takes a pin and proceeds to pop the balloon. The balloon explodes leaving the spectators selection at the tips of the performers fingers. By the way, the card can be signed. Smile

Down the hall - Aldo Colombini

Spectator selects a card, returns same to the deck, then places the deck back into the case. The performer takes the cardbox, then slides the cellophane down 3/4. Suddenly the spectators card slowly appears inside the plastic!

A case of mistaken identity - Steve Dobson

The Magi (that’s you) says; "I’m going to write a prediction on the Back of this box," then shows what he wrote.

The performer then pulls the cards out of the box and sets the box to one side. The magician then removes the jokers and spreads the cards for the spectator to make a selection.

The performer then picks up the box and says, "Your card matches my prediction!" but the spectator says, "No, it's not."

The spectator then looks at the box again and is pleasantly surprised to find out that the prediction has suddenly changed to match his card! Everything can be examined.
-------------------------------------------
There are other items and ideas included, but this should give you an idea of the great magic that can be performed with this wonderful utility. Really, the uses are limited only by your imagination. Smile
Harry
View Profile
New user
California
37 Posts

Profile of Harry
This sounds very cool Steve, and the price is very reasonable! Will be watching for this one.

Cheers,
Harry
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Steve gave me a couple of the gimmicks when we first met. It is a very cool item that you can do several things with. It helps you to do some very impossible looking effects. Buy one!

Smile
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Where and when can this be purchased? I'm talking about the updated one that Steve is working on currently...

Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Steve performed this for me at a restaurant one night, right before our television interview, and it's very good.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Gee Ron, I almost forgot about that night.
FREE FALL was in fact the effect I performed for Channel 7. Now if I could just do the Cups and Balls like you! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Steve Brooks' Free Fall card effect? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL