The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Gaff Factory: making your own gimmicked cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
THE GAFF FACTORY:
A comprehensive dry-mounting tutorial
by Craig Matsuoka

He covers
- card splitting
- making double-facers
- corner rounding
- shimmed cards
- long cards
- split faces and backs
- invisible seams
- Acrobatic Cards
- transparent Hofzinser cards
- eight pages on printing cards on a laser printer

http://www.google.com/base/a/1577887/D12030218218360441426

My two cents:

I rate this A+. What a find! This is very professional. You won't believe the detail.

Craig has included picture after picture of how to do everything and even gives the sources to buy everything. VERY impressive. This is clearly an important addition to this skill's knowledge base. It's $20 but it's the real deal.

If you look on that Google link, you'll see there's a downloadable zip file to preview the style of the book.

From the Acrobat sample: "This is only an eleven page sample of THE GAFF FACTORY in low resolution. The actual book has seventy-eight pages supplemented by 117 color photographs and 23 illustrations. Also included in this package is a file containing vector graphics of card indexes and pips which you can manipulate..."

Compare what you see in the sample with the table of contents and you'll get an idea of how complete this booklet is.

** NOTE: It came out in another thread that Craig is using Google Checkout. It turns out that Google does not allow sales outside of the US, including Canada. Live and learn...

So if you're on a computer outside of the US, send Craig a PM here at the Café to get his PayPal info.

- Steve Hook
[I have no financial connection to this product. I just think it's worth your looking into if you seriously want to make your own gaffed cards.]
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
AtS147
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AtS147
How well does he teach how to make the cards? Is it easy to understand?
AtS147
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AtS147
I'm still interested in finding out an answer to my previous question. Thanks.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Very easy to learn the procedures. Did you look at the demo? You can see the quality and quantity of the photos.

On the other hand, this is a skill which will require some practice and perfecting. But the teaching of the methods is very clear, At.

You will need to buy the special paper, iron, etc. It's not something you just "do" in ten minutes.

But the learning, practice, and perfecting will be its own reward (a skill learned) and using your own hand-made cards will be self-satisfying.

And lastly, you'll be able to make virtually any gaffed card you can dream up.

I saw at Genii Forum that Jim Riser and Todd Lassen bought this, so that tells you something.

- Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
This is a great product. I was very happy with my purchase.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Jim Riser posted this review over at the Genii Forum today:

"FYI - I just received this new ebook from Craig. He did a steller job with the photography and explanations. My guess is that there will be several guys wanting to buy one of friend Todd Lassen's Card Genii units to help in making the task even smoother. Craig does a very nice job of showing how the task may be done "on the cheap" though.

Even if the buyers of this ebook never gimmick their own playing cards, they will have more respect for those who do and better understand why such gaffs are not real inexpensive. With the work involved, it is amazing that card gaff types sell the cards as cheaply as they do. Craig includes a few extra files on the CD which will be useful to those serious about doing this type of work. As an extra bonus, he even includes some DMT with which to get started.

Nice product, Craig. This should be in the collection of all serious card workers.
Jim "
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I'm very happy as well ill be using many ideas contained in the ebook
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
FInally got it and read it - 'tis superb!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I just received Todd's 'Card Gaffing Genii' in the mail and combined with Craig's e-book this combination really represents the 'best of the best' as relates to the dry mount method of gaffing cards.

I would suggest that folks not underestimate just how much easier Todd's 'Genii' makes the entire process. I'm not sure you could even misalign a card intentionally with Todd's rig, it's THAT accurate.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2007-08-22 15:34, silverking wrote:
I just received Todd's 'Card Gaffing Genii' in the mail and combined with Craig's e-book this combination really represents the 'best of the best' as relates to the dry mount method of gaffing cards.

I would suggest that folks not underestimate just how much easier Todd's 'Genii' makes the entire process. I'm not sure you could even misalign a card intentionally with Todd's rig, it's THAT accurate.

I completely agree. I love it so much I bought a second one.
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
In case you're wondering what happened to the Google link, I want to let everyone know that my ebook "The Gaff Factory" is now available exclusively through Lybrary.com:

http://www.lybrary.com/gaff-factory-comp......750.html
merlin1979
View Profile
Veteran user
Bottling the impossible
346 Posts

Profile of merlin1979
Had a good read through this the other day. It's excellent stuff. Really detailed and leaves nothing to chance. I'm looking forward to trying some of this stuff out...

Merlin
First do no harm...

http://www.impossibottle.co.uk
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Greetings!

Two thumbs up for Craig's Gaff Factory. Tons of really good stuff and it's all very clearly explained. It even has a section with references on where you can purchase all of the necessary tools and materials.

If you want to put together your own gaffed cards you WON'T be disappointed!

** Bill **
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
89 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
Yes I am necromancing this after nine years.
I am interested in this product and found a unusual cheap version of it.
http://www.fantasystore.net/craig-matsuo......270.html
Is this legit? It is a good deal but I don't want do do something illegal.
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Fantasystore.net is reported as a malware site by my browser, so please be cautious or - better - refrain from going there at all, Jan!
Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1179 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2017, Jan Schattling wrote:
Yes I am necromancing this after nine years.
I am interested in this product and found a unusual cheap version of it.
Is this legit? It is a good deal but I don't want do do something illegal.

There are only two places where you can legally get this. Craig directly and Lybrary.com. http://www.lybrary.com/the-gaff-factory-......750.html
Everybody else is a pirate.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
89 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
Thanks for your replies.
I better be on the safe side and abstain from that webpage.
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Gaff Factory: making your own gimmicked cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL