The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » James Brown Workeroo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
venus
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of venus
Yeh I don't like being tucked in. I have an unused workeroo if anyone is interested??
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2007-09-03 13:34, theboss wrote:
I am currently developing a method so you can have your shirt/Tshirt untucked. Details to follow....

James Brown
http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk/alex

If anyone is at the Bristol Magic Bar (UK) Opening this week I will see you there.

Any news on the untucked version, I'm waiting on this until the untucked version comes out.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I have my tucked version,but I was hoping for some info on the untucked.
Hmmmmm.....
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
After messing about with the Workeroo for several days now, I would have to state that this is one of the best bits of business I have purchased in a long time. I am usually a little skeptical when buying drawer fillers and sometimes a little hesitant. However, this device is proving time and time again to be a winner. As many people have already stated on here already, it will require practice and cant be pulled off straight away. However, with the right choreography and misdirection it is quite simply breathtaking. This has helped clean up current routines as well as add amazing brainstorming ideas for other effects. I have made only one minor adjustment to the Roo and that was to extend the pouch to allow items to fall directly into the pants. This has helped in many areas.

For the past several days I have been working on a bill to cigarette routine with the torn corner ploy. The beautiful addition the Roo brings, is the switch of the cigarette. It is done in the most impossible conditions if one was ever to trace back the method.

The amount of ideas that come to mind makes this one addictive. This is a topic that should be looked further into and to perhaps discuss amongst us the applications and ideas that can be achieved.

All in all 11/10
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Anyone ever figure out the "untucked" version?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Im not sure how the un-tucked version would work. I have messed around with various ideas however find it is quite reliable so far. Will be ordering another to fit into jeans..
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Do you have to order another or could you just attach the one you own with velcro?
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Yes you could I suppose. However, the way the stitching has been done as well as extending the pouch etc, it is in there permanently.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Do you think a seamstress would be able to come up with a good solution to make it transferable to other pants?
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Yes that shouldn't be a problem... This could be done if you wasn't to extend the pouch as I have
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Arghhh!! so no way a professional seamstress could make it transferable with an extended pouch? Or maybe make multiple pouch's to stitch in permanently in different pants? I hope there is a way!
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
A couple of questions:

Is the opening visible, particularly when not in use?
Can you wear a belt?
Can you sit down comfortably?

I've played around making my own belly servant many years ago, but I never got the first problem solved-- close inspection of the waist is a problem. Wearing a belt also was not really feasable using my design because the buckle's weight would pull the front down. Elastic dress pants helped the overall fit, but I wasn't satisfied. I'd really like to have a belly servant that can open and close.

thanks,

- Frank
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
How does the Workeroo differ from the Topit? What can it do that a Topit can't do?
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
You can instantly ditch and retrieve an item cleanly from either your left or right front pocket, your choice!
mcvicarthetrickster
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis, MO
116 Posts

Profile of mcvicarthetrickster
Could it be used if you tuck your shirt but are wearing a vest.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2008-05-31 20:04, lunatik wrote:
You can instantly ditch and retrieve an item cleanly from either your left or right front pocket, your choice!

So the only advantage of this item over a Topit is you can retrieve from two pockets?
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
You do not need to be waring a jacket for this.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Yes it is a nice bit of kit. My Brother and I came up with a similar idea as the Silent butler many years ago which through procrastination never gave fruit. After first installing the Roo, I knew instantly it would be something I would use. Jeans, Pants it really doesn't matter what attire. Its great for cleaning up without a jacket..
afuoco
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
208 Posts

Profile of afuoco
It is excellent for coins and objects that have the thickness of coins and weighing as much as a quarter or more. But I tried ditching a poker sized card that was torn into 4 pieces and it wasn't reliable. Also tried ditching a torn and compressed tabloid double sheet and again it wasn't reliable. Maybe it's just me but unless the object weighs at least 1.5 oz or more and is thin it gets hung up.

The product is temporarily "out of stock" on James Brown website------
Arnie
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
James does a whole deck. any comments or explanations for that? is his special?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » James Brown Workeroo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL