The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » About the New Magic Cafe » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
First, the new Magic Cafe is a lot better than the previous. You maintained the color, and basic style and added new features which are a big plus.

A couple of comments, about format.

1. When listing a topic I get to see only the most recent 15 topics. This is good for those who read every topic every day, however, those topics that are on page two to whatever page will rarely be read. It is like the search engines, after the first page how many continue through the other pages. Good information going to waste!

Solutions: Allow user to list the number of topics per page, like the search engines. 25, to max 50 per page as part of one's profile. Increase the topics so the lower down topics have a much better chance of rising to the top and being read.

2. The Members pictures are really great. It says a lot about the writer, and it makes this site so much more personal. I really like that.

Could there be a user picture page or topic, other then the Our New Arrivials page similar to the staff page where one can get to know the individuals a little more. An expanded profile page.

3. A file upload/download section so one does not need to search for these things. (.pdf, .zip, .rtf, ect)

Keep up the good work, everything seems to be in good working order.
Dennis Michael
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Dennis,
as always, I appreciate the nice comments and words of encouragement. Smile

Regarding a seperate user profile page, that is not something that I have planned for the immediate future, but ya never know!

For your other question, in theory it sounds wonderful, but I can imagine all sorts of technical problems. You might contact Mary B. or Gene. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
Dennis, I think that Stevee is right to be wary of having a file upload area.
A too-large chunk of my time is taken up by protection measures for my system.
I think it would be full of potential problems, and that's based on my couple of years background in computer support and 15 years as an operator.
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » About the New Magic Cafe » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL