The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2007 entrée: Sean Fields » » Saw on Mindfreak » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Hey Sean,

I was curious if this version of Saw was created by you or if it's a variation devised by Angel.

Thanks,

Drew
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Good question Drew.

The version you saw Criss do was developed by Criss and company. There is a version that I developed using a borrowed ring that was cut from the DVD, at the reccommendation of other parties involved in the project at the time. Perhaps in a future iteration of Saw, I will teach my borrowed ring version. Then again, maybe not. Just kidding. Sort of. Smile
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
The "Borrowed Ring" version certainly piques my curiosity.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hi guys,This is Gerard, I am a consultant for Criss. The version of Saw we used on MF was my handling of Seans fantastic effect! And I cannot say enough how wonderful of an effect this was for t.v.. Sean has an eye for creating great stuff, I look forward to checking out anything he creates.

all The Best,
Gerard.
http://www.GerardTheHypnotist.com
Well then...
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Wow. Thanks Gerard! The kind words are deeply appreciated!
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Another question for Sean, but as well to the rest of you guys. It would be interesting to hear some thoughts:

On the same effect that Criss Angel performed on Mindfreak, what do you think would be better for the audience:

To start the sawing and after to swallow the ring? ( Like Criss did )

Or

To swallow the ring first and then start sawing your throat? ( similar with what Sean is doing with a lifesaver )

Thanks,
Neo
Adam Milestone
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Adam Milestone
I think either way creates a great effect, but the swallowing of the ring isn't very magical in and of itself since swallowing strange items and regurgitating them has been seen on late night TV etc. I guess it comes down to which effect you’re going for. Swallowing the ring first, then sawing into your flesh in order to retrieve the ring from your throat has a nice build to it. Sawing into your flesh first then swallowing the ring which than magically links onto the string (?) that is inside your throat whereupon you then pull everything through your throat lacks some of the progression, but also helps keep the ending a surprise by introducing the ring later. Either way it's an awesome illusion!
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Indeed! Very well said, Adam!
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Thank you guys! somebody can test both.

overall I like more the first one.

Neo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2007 entrée: Sean Fields » » Saw on Mindfreak » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL