The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wacky Wakoon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Jizmagic
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Jizmagic
For those who have this Wolf magic prop, have you used it for full stage shows (150+ people), and how did the audience react? I have the Wacky Wakoon but have not placed it into my show yet (still routining). Thanks for any input - Joel Zaritsky
May the magic be with you!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
It will work for platform or stage, and you can occasionally get away with it in a birthday party setting. It's on the schedule for some heavy use in next year's Summer Reading Program shows in the libraries. Mine is the Wacky Weasel, however. Weasels may react better than Waccoons around kids.

Steve
ziff
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of ziff
Stevethomas -- Could you kindly explain why you say in your post that "you can 'occasionally' get away with it in a birthday party setting"? Just wondering why occasionally? I've been eyeing the Wacky Wakoon for purchase, so your insight is most appreciated. Thanks.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I have used it (actually the Weasel version) in about 15 stage shows. These were all for family audiences and the reactions were GREAT with lot's of laughs. Platform or stage, no problem.
Tom Riddle
View Profile
Special user
Chelsea, UK
507 Posts

Profile of Tom Riddle
And this prop is a wonderfully heavy thing to carry round.....
The Weasel was indeed the best idea, they ARE known for being more of the character this effect calls for. "Waccoon"s, such a cute little American verbal perversion like "Krispy Kreme", are by nature much slower and "not as sneaky"....
Chance should have stuck with the Weasel.
I also believe this prop is overpriced...let me guess, to keep it out of the hands of those who are not "serious".
There are a lot of wealthy hacks out there with this..I'm sure....destroying it's "potential"...
"Yes, Virginia, there really are people named Riddle...isn't that AMAZING! And to think of all the royalties I'm missing out on! SCANDALOUS!"

Thomas Williamson Riddle III
Chelsea, UK
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Tom,

How are your decks of cards doing? With what do you perform? OVERPRICED? I think not. If you think that's heavy, carry this OVERPRICED "Jumbo Sidekick" or "Gumball" or even the "Khyber Kobra" (apparently another "American verbal perversion"). Maybe he should sell it for $15 U.S., so Tom can afford one?

He stopped using the weasel due to lack of availability of the weasel itself.

I wouldn't perform the weasel or waccoon in a birthday party setting in a small living room setting, but in a larger home or a church fellowship hall (my favorite place for birthday parties) or hotel meeting room, it's fabulous.

Buy one..enjoy it, your audience will.

Steve
Tom Riddle
View Profile
Special user
Chelsea, UK
507 Posts

Profile of Tom Riddle
Dear Lord, Steve, don't you know when someone is "winding" you up?
Of course I'm glad Chance didn't go cheap on these...however, affixing a high price to an effect, while this one may be worth it, does not "keep it out of the hands" of the 'less than able' performers.
And don't assume I cannot afford one of these. How on earth do you think I know how bloody heavy they are? I use "Go Fish" cards in mine.
However, I will say that the Weasel was a much better choice, so if you have one as I do count yourself fortunate...
"Yes, Virginia, there really are people named Riddle...isn't that AMAZING! And to think of all the royalties I'm missing out on! SCANDALOUS!"

Thomas Williamson Riddle III
Chelsea, UK
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Love the "go fish" card idea, too!

Steve
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
Play Nice fella's!

haha

Brad
As the Frogs say "Times Fun when you're having Flies" Smile
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I've bought and sold a Wacky Weasel. Feel free to PM me. Re: Birthday's, any time you chunk a bunch of cards on the ground within reach of kids 7 and under get ready to have kids rush up to the performing area to get one. Same goes for ping pong balls.

If you already use a puppet in your routine, then think about whether you want another one. You absolutely have to be able to give the Weasel personality or you won't get the reaction you are after from this routine. And it is a bit heavy to lug around. It is an extra trip for the car and table it will need to sit on. It is a beautiful prop and the the case protects everything nicely but is almost the size of the case I use for my entire birthday party show. Just things to consider when purchasing this prop. It isn't exactly inexpensive.

Derrick
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
Yah, Someday Steve Thomas is going to sell me his.

Sshhh... He doesn't know it yet.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Uh...excuse me?

I transport my weasel (and somehow, my case doesn't seem to weigh the 800 pounds that everybody else's seems to) on top of my Lefler case (with wheels) into the events.

Derrick is correct about what happens anytime things hit the floor. Sometimes makes me wish it was a REAL, LIVE weasel, and I could train him to attack the kids when they all leap to their feet and rush us.

Kidding, calm down. Audience management isn't a problem for me, though. Nobody rushes anymore, but if you don't know how to keep 'em away (chair and whip) you don't want to try this or the Blow Yur Stack. They'll all run to grab those cups, too.

Steve
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
Ah - Come on Steve!
Out of that huge Magic Museum you have... you won't miss one artifact!

Audience management isn't a problem because he's like 7 ft tall and the kids know better then to act up.

Brad
phaddad2
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of phaddad2
I have the same rushing issue with my chicken sword. I now put labels with contact information on each card and tell the kids that they must share so that each kids has one.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
That's the way to think! Anything that can hit the floor should be labeled! Including the cups from the "Blow Yur Stack"! Put a label on the inside wall of each, and give 'em out after the effect! Don't put the label on the outside, or they'll actually USE the cup, and probably throw it away! Inside guarantees that they WON'T use it, and you can autograph the outside with a bold sharpie!

Steve
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Steve,

Signing a cup, brilliant!!!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Hey...marketing, my friend. BUT, you know all about that! Plus, after you sign it for the kid (mention for 'em to come up after the show to get an autograph), drop in a business card! That's usually a keeper.

Steve
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
If we could get away SELLING the cup as an autographed souvenir, that's the ticket to getting them to keep it.

Ken
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
There are probably some guys out there tryin'....the "anything for a buck" people! Gold plate it, and hang it on a huge gold chain...with a logo on the front. PLUS, you have to wear one all the time, too.

Steve
Steve Petra
View Profile
Regular user
New York
195 Posts

Profile of Steve Petra
I am considering purchasing Wacky Wakoon in the near future. Perhaps those in the know could answer a few questions.

How is the product different from the Weasel version?

Is there a reason you couldn't just call it a Weasel (is the appearance profoundly "raccon--like"?)

The rusty cage has a great menacing look to it. Is the cage for the Wakoon the same?

Thanks!
Steve P
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wacky Wakoon (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL