The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Favorites in "Scarne on Card Tricks"? (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
667 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Docguitarman- I used a normal sharpie to make up the deck, but not making it (the prediction) too large, so you can really give the face up deck a real nice wide spread across the table. I will have to find the book and take another look, because I don't remember reading about using a pencil in this effect. (I've got a terrible memory). I thought there was no need to use a pencil to erase the prediction at the end because I'm using a marker with a dried tip to "make the prediction" in the beginning. Without saying too much- how do you perform it?
docguitarman
View Profile
Loyal user
Thousand Oaks, California
298 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Nattefrost. I used a fine sharpie also and have the prediction small and along the margin area near the index. I can spread the deck wide also. I use a regular fine sharpie during the presentation and merely .... fill in the ellipses ...

First time I showed it, to the Mrs. (for the "Mrs. test" ) as I was about to write the prediction with the sharpie she said, "Oh no! don't ruin the deck !" I told her it was okay as it was just a dollar store Maverick deck, not a Bicycle deck, lol! And I can do the trick several times per deck by tossing out the "ruined" card.

When the trick was over she was gobsmacked.

I'm going to make a second deck with same back Mavericks for the occasional time when perhaps I decide its safe to do it one more time (maybe in a walk around situation were some spec nearby may see it twice and notice the card is different).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Favorites in "Scarne on Card Tricks"? (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL