The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Illusions restaurant in Carmel, Indiana to close (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shobley
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
81 Posts

Profile of shobley
Hi Guys,

I just heard the sad news that Illusions restaurant in Carmel Indiana is to close it's doors after 15 years of business.

For those who don't know, Illusions gave a start to the likes of Chris Kenner, Mike Close, and Homer Liwag.

The lease has expired and they are currently looking for a new location.

More news as it happens...

Steve
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Keep us up to speed on Illusions... I used to visit there every year when I worked at the Indy 500... Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
shobley
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
81 Posts

Profile of shobley
Hi - Well the day came and went. I managed to get a couple of table hops in on the night, but now Illusions is no more.

Here's a link to an article I wrote:

http://www.stephenhobley.com/steve/illusions.htm
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
Steve,

Thanks for your article.

While I may or may not hear the news locally, I'm very much interested in knowing if and when Illusions Restaurant reopens in a new Indy (Carmel or otherwise) location.

In my "re-entering" magic on a close-up basis (after years of doing stage/parlor material) for the last few months I've been putting together a table workers routine to audition at Illusions. While I realize there's another magic theme restaurant downtown Indy, for personal reasons Illusions was my professional goal. (anyone who's been there can identify with this loyalty)

Thanks - Ron
shobley
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
81 Posts

Profile of shobley
OK the final pictures and rewrite are done, I've sent the article off to magic magazine as well - you never know!

Same link as above,

Steve
Chuck Wonsik
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Chuck Wonsik
I'm kind of suprised that not many people have posted about this. I realize that some of you are far away from the area. But the ones that have been around Illusions must have something to contribute. I personally will miss it greatly. I had some wonderful times there. If only I could go one more time!
I'd like to hear some Illusions stories!! Funny things that happened,, Bad things that happened,,,Maybe you were inspired to be a magician. Anything.
jcmagic
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
16 Posts

Profile of jcmagic
I'll be very sad to see it go, so please don't take my next comment as an insult. I enjoyed it very much the few times that I did go, but the key is FEW times. I simply couldn't afford to go there all the time. Not to mention that it wasn't really a convient location. Maybe that's something to think about if and when they look for a new location. Like I said no ill will I liked the place and would love to see them stay open.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We are very to sad as well to see Illusions close. Both Kristen and myself performed there and enjoyed it greatly. The owner, Souheir, was our biggest fan and was always very supportive of us.
After the last night, we stuck around for the hard and very sad part of watching the auction. Only Restaurant and Bar equipment was auctioned off, except for imported, beautiful wood and glass archways. The magic memorbilia was kept for safe keeping. Then we had the hard task of taking down the grand chandeliers. The next day came with the equipement being taken out the archways were being literally ripped right out of the walls.

On Wednesday, 4 days after closing, the place looked like a bomb hit it. There were large sections of wall misisng and nothing that resembled the great magic restaurant was left to be seen. That evening, several close friends and a few new ones were there in what was once the lounge. Sean Scott walked onto the stage amid rubble and proceeded to do his well known card manip act, while several of us hummed his very unique music. We dimmed the lights for the very last time as we all walked out together.
The page has turned in a very unique book. It may not be the end, but only the beginning of a new chapter.

Illusions will be greatly missed.

Kevin & Kristen
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Chuck Wonsik
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Chuck Wonsik
Thank you Kevin & Kristen. But I'm going to have to say it again. I wish I could have been there one more time.
jcmagic
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
16 Posts

Profile of jcmagic
Sean did an act for the closing? He is one of he best performers I know. Fitting ending.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Yes, the very last night we were there, just as the final things were being taken out of the building, Sean did one last bit for the group of us that were there to shut the place down and walk out for the final time. Indeed it was fitting.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Chuck Wonsik
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Chuck Wonsik
Do any of you know where I might be able to purchace one of the old menu's printed on a hank? I would love to add one of these to my magic collection!
Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Illusions restaurant in Carmel, Indiana to close (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL