The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Taking away someone's strength (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
"Mr" Looch ( I giggled at that thread ) youre a gent.Hope to catch up with you in near future.
Regards Mark
E.O.I
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Thank you Looch. And I will show you my "Third Eye" Technique (I'm serious!)

Unless someone else will publish some of our secret techniques first...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2007-09-12 08:50, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-09-12 02:15, looch wrote:
I "drain" people twice my size without any gimmicks or Hurst principles and yes I am being serious!

I do the same thing! And, yes, I'm not joking!

and id like to see both of you doing that for real..sound impossible but never say never
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If memory serves, Secrets of the AMazing Kreskin has some similar ideas and methods...good little book that is...

I remember sapping the strength from a very experienced kick-boxer and all round loonatic once in a smokey pub in central london, he had both hands pushing against my chest and couldn't move me a jot...i gave him his strength back later...he was sweating like a loon..i am quite a fair sized human being, but when I asked his mate to join in too, they had to sit down for a rest...

he contacted me next day asking if I could pop to his training, cos his sensei wanted to meet me..i'd dressed it all as the power of chi energy and how to control/absorb/produce it...
I've asked to be banned
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I think folks are talking about Applied Kineisology. This is very different than Kinesiology, sometimes referred to as Academic Kineisology, an accepted scientific discipline.

Applied Kinesiology is in the realm of "alternative medicine" and has never, from what I can find, to pass a double blind study. It's use is highly controversial and not considered as valid at all in mainstream medicine. But it does make for an interesting presentational theme!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
If you make someone hold their arm out long enough, it will easily tire, bigger people tire quicker.
Another thing people don't realise is we have two sets of muscles governing all actions. Simply put, when you push something, you have antagonistic muscles pulling. If the subject is untrained then you can use this to magical effect. The harder they try, the quickerthey will fail.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
The Ionized Bracelets you can buy for pain, they use this demo as part of their selling feature. It is impressive.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of Lior
Quote:
On 2007-09-11 20:14, Blindside785 wrote:
Never, it sounds very nice. A fresh breath in my eyes. I'd love to test the method out Smile

Never? For ever.
I have a routine that combined a lot of stuff.
I showed it in Mindvention 3 years ago and in Blacpool also.
Very easy to do, many magicians are not impressed but the real people frick out.

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Wow this thread is quite old (4 years) , but glad it's brought up again.

I said "never" as in..I've never tried out something like it before...

But I've fell in love with it about 2 years ago.

I use two methods to "drain their energy"

I extend my arms and place my hand on their shoulders and tell them to pull down on my elbows down, they do and see how easy it is to do.

I then drain their energy and it's impossible for them to budge my elbows at all.

I did this to a body builder type guy when I was out performing when I was visiting San Diego.

Then I have a spectator try to budge another spectators arm, I'm not involved at all physically.

This is in a book which I shall not name because I want to keep it quiet Smile.

This one I had the same body building guy to do his wife.
________

I'd love to see your routine Lior.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Incredible Hulk !
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of Lior
Maybe on my next DVD
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Also those of us in the UK saw young Dynamo do a demonstration of this on his last TV show episode last night.

He got a big guy to lift him under the armpits and then after gazing into his eyes, the big guy couldn't lift him again.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
The Force Grip/Sith Choke is my favourite way of sapping strength. Strictly speaking it depletes your oxygen and that saps your strength - but the gags are the same Smile

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Taking away someone's strength (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL