The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2007 entrée: Daryl » » Welcome to The Magic Café Daryl! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Manager
Northern California - United States
4364 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
It is with great excitement and anticipation that I welcome our very special GUEST OF HONOR for September 2007 - the one and only DARYL!

Thanks so much for taking the time to be with us Daryl and for your patience while we got the Café back up and running again. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Welcome Daryl, It's great to have you here.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5549 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Daryl...BIG FAN! Welcome! Hoping I can learn a great deal from you this week!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Hi Daryl and heartly welcome to the Café. What can I say, Im a fan, and I hope you will have a fun and good time with us here.
Welcome!
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Looking forward to hearing what you have to say Daryl!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
15042 Posts

Profile of joseph
Daryl,
Welcome to the Café....
Have a great time.....and...
as always, end your session here KLEEEEN..... Smile ....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
smithpaul60
View Profile
Veteran user
South Carolina
301 Posts

Profile of smithpaul60
Bienvenue, Daryl
Genuis@work

We're trying to adopt. Visit us HERE
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Hey Mr. Daryl Welcome to the magic Café. I hope you have a great time.
Tablic
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Tablic
Welcome to the Café, Daryl. I can say that as one of your fans, I have been looking forward to this session for quite a while
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2096 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Welcome, Daryl!

Robert
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2459 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Daryl,

Long time listener, first time caller.

Ok.. not really, but I have always wanted to say that.

Long time reader, and have enjoyed your stuff. Your lecture in Seattle at the VA Hospital in 1990-91 was one of my first Lectures I went to. I still refer to the lecture notes.

RevJohn
Daryl Easton
View Profile
V.I.P.
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
I'm happy to be here and I'm ready for action!("Daryl" is my first name so please, no "Mr. Daryl"), does anyone have any questions?
Daryl - The Magician's Magician

www.Daryl.net
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
453 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
Sir Daryl? Smile

I am a huge fan of your magic and your style.
Your personality is one of a kind, and everyone loves you.

I'm new to magic. Do you have any tips for an introverted person who wants to study and perform closeup magic?

Thanks,
Mitch
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
557 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Welcome Daryl,

You were the very first lecturer I ever saw and yesterday I came across the notes I bought from 1979! (great usuable stuff)...

You passion and enthusiasm for our art has inspired me and I sure hundreds if not thousands of others...

have a great week here and I'm looking forward to our next meeting...
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Welcome!

I have been a fan of you since I was around 7 years old.

Keep up the great work!
LCBellah
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of LCBellah
Daryl,
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your visit.
Lynn
sean_mh
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of sean_mh
Wow! I joined here just in time! Welcome Daryl. I feel I know you well already after all those repeated viewings of your Ambitious Card Video Smile

I shall try to think up some worthy questions!

Sean
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3108 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Thanks for coming here Daryl. I'm a big fan of both you and your magic, and very excited that you're here.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
NORITUCK
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of NORITUCK
Daryl,
Thanks for taking time out to spend with us. So lets get it on Smile
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1182 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Glad to have you drop by for a visit, Daryl. Your "Papa Rabbit" sponge bunnies routine continues to entertain my patients young and old. I also get a lot of mileage from the split deck routine that you sold at the Castle swap meet.

jeff in san diego

p.s.

Bob sends his regards. Please come down to the San Diego ring (76) for a lecture sometime.
I do tricks that bring pleasure to many. I'm either a magician or a hooker.
Check out my magic scrapbook:http://www.medicine-in-motion.com/magic.htm
http://www.sprainedangles.com
Give me an inch and I'll give you a smile!
Daryl Easton
View Profile
V.I.P.
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
Mitch, I’ve got a great tip for you and it’s the same advice that Dai Vernon’s been preaching his whole life. “Be Natural” and “Be Yourself”. If you’re introverted, then go with it! You can become the world’s most introverted magician! Believe me when I tell you that this could work for you. PLEASE do NOT make the mistake of using magic to hide what you are from your audience. Use your magic to accentuate the qualities you want to share.

Danny, Thank you. You’re right; I still love magic as much today as the day I started. Magic rules.

Jeff, Thank you and please give my love to Bob (Elliott). The Split Deck that you picked up at the Magic Castle swap meet is a prototype of something I plan to release in the future. You have something that very few magicians have even seen. Enjoy!

I’ll be happy to come down to San Diego for a lecture. I love giving magic lectures and I’m happy to go wherever they’ll have me.

www.Daryl.net
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Quote:
On 2007-09-20 13:31, Danny Archer wrote:
Welcome Daryl,

You were the very first lecturer I ever saw and yesterday I came across the notes I bought from 1979! (great usuable stuff)...

You passion and enthusiasm for our art has inspired me and I sure hundreds if not thousands of others...

have a great week here and I'm looking forward to our next meeting...

Danny, like you, Daryl was also my daughter and my first lecture at S.A.M. #112 in Martinez, California. I had just joined the Assembly and a few months later I was told there was going to be a lecture. I had no idea what to expect, but little did I know that I was in for a surprise after meeting Daryl. My family has been struck with "The Magic Bug" ever since.

At a magic auction last month I picked up what I think is a treasure which I will add to my growing collection of magic memorabilia. I bought a mint condition (in a plastic protector folder) "1973 Daryl Martinez Magic Lecture Notes". I was told that this lecture was the first one Daryl did for our Assembly.

Daryl, sorry for using your last name but that is what the lecture note cover read.

Have a great evening

Dan
Xemm
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Xemm
Hello Daryl
First of all I want to say welcome to the marvelous Café. we do not know each other in person, but you have inspired me from the beginning of my magic career. I have been in magic for like about 4 years now and I am falling in love with the art ever since. I named my son after you Daryl, and we just celebrated his first birthday yesterday 23rd sep 2007, as for you know my first collection in magic is your revelation vol. 1 through 5, that alone inspired me a lot. I love your work since the beginning, through this post I just want to say Hello and greetings to one of my best mentor or teacher sort of speak, eventhough we never met, but it has been my personal honour learning from you.

Keep the good work and ENJOY !!
Best regards,
Richard Chen

Ps: Please excuse my english because it is not my first language.
A Teles
View Profile
New user
Brazil
15 Posts

Profile of A Teles
Hello Daryl,
It is a big surprise, I´ll hope see you in Brazil on nov 01, 2007 in Belo Horizonte
(EMM).

Regards

A Teles
Daryl Easton
View Profile
V.I.P.
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
Dan: The cover of my very firsts et of lecture notes brought back some very good memories. Wow! I didn't realize that it was way back in 1973! That was a whole 34 years ago... I should be better by now! "Martinez" is no longer my last name. It's a bit of a story that I think I posted somewhere else, but I legally changed my name "back" to Easton about sis years ago.

Richard: Are you serious? Did you really name your son after me? If this is true, I would LOVE to see a photo. If you can, please email me a photo of your son and I'll print it out and keep it in my office! No one has ever told me that they've named a child after me. Now THAT's an inspiration!

A Teles: I look forward to my visit to Brazil. Please be sure to say hello.

www.Daryl.net
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Daryl,

I'm glad I could share the above photo. There are 7 great affects in your notes and the one I use and love the most is the Moveless Miracle. I learned it from your Fooler Doolers Volume 2 DVD set.

Thanks again for giving your time to The Magic Café. I hope you come back and visit often.

I have to go shopping now at:
http://www.foolerdoolers.com/store/default.asp

Dan
Xemm
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Xemm
Yes, that is true, his full name is Daryl Chen Banda Marga. He is one year old and my first child, I will send you his photo.
Question: your e-mail is Magic@FoolerDoolers.com right?

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2007 entrée: Daryl » » Welcome to The Magic Café Daryl! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.218008 seconds, requiring 84 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [7] [7] [6] [1] [7] [0] [9]