The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » View Item: Vanishing Pen Trick - Dave Powell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey guys!

I've been eyeing this for a while and was wondering what people thought about it.

Does anyone have this? And if so, is it worth it? Is it visual and what are the pros and cons?

http://www.magicproshop.com/index.php?ac......p;id=159

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanx!

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
Hmm, weird one this.

The pen doesn't look very good (well mine doesn't) and I was disappointed at first.

But when I did this on someone I just wrote with the pen, rolled up the paper and it's gone, and they said, "That's a good one". If you don't put attention on the pen (saying, "regular pen, etc.) and let them write with a regular one, then it's fine.

Lewis.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
If you are interested in a good vanishing pen, check out Steve Draun's.

http://www.stevedraun.com/section_1.htm
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Vanishing Pen...or full sized wand...check the flip stick, as used by Kevin James or Paul Gertner, Jeff Hobson et al Volume 7 Tarbell...
Vernon
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
The Vanishing Pen Trick by Dave Powell I found to have both ups and downs to it.
Even though I lost it a few months ago somehow, I still remember when I used it.

The effect is a very simple principle. I found even with a great presentation, it goes for some people way more than others.

Some people will be suspicious after the effect, but if you do a switch, most of the time you can get them to think otherwise.

So do I recommend or don't? Well, I don't hate or love it. If you want to have a neat little extra effect to add to your arsenal, then get it. But if you want something you'll probably use all the time, save up to get or get a book or something you'll use and enjoy more instead.
Just my 2 cents..
Mack Magic
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
Michael Graves
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
150 Posts

Profile of Michael Graves
Great effect, I don't do the switch.

I draw a portal on the paper ( draw a funny looking circle) then I vanish sponge balls and other small items that I tell them are going through the portal..then I offer to show them what it looks like, as I set the pen on the paper and close it up so they can still feel the shape of the pen and see the end of it....then I crumple the paper and they freek...its a very strong effect but if you cant play it off then stick to something else.

The Graves

http://www.tothegraves.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » View Item: Vanishing Pen Trick - Dave Powell (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL