The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Bic Pen Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
I just recently started to get back into magic with pens. I am trying to formulate a routine with a normal white and black bic pen for close up. I know recapped, strike vanishes with coins, and I am trying to get some other material. could you guys help me try to broaden my knowledge of magic with pens. vanishes, appearances, cap jumping, point jumping,. . .

-jeff
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me thrice, you're a darn good magician!
SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
I like f!ip stick a lot with pens. That combined with recapped and strike vanishes can make for a strong routine.
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Hi,

I use a variation of Gregory Wilson's Recap revisited with Andrew Mayne’s up the nose pen/ pencil. Pending on the time will also throw in the Stealth Bic Pen and Banacheck's PK Pen. Pending on the crowd I may also add a touch of mentalism with Right Write.

Ohh yea and don't forget the Sharpie which could be endless.

salute,

Eric
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Rune Klan has a routine called Impromptu Hitman... It is on the Talk About Tricks DVD set. It's a coin and pen routine. Awesome stuff. Plus look for Rick Merrill material. It's featured and published by Antinomy I believe. He won FISM by doing magic with coins and Sharpies but much of his material is adaptable with a BIC Pen. I always carry a pen with me. Recapped and Hitman are among my favorite routines to perform. Not just favorite pen routines, but my favorite in general. Also look for any coin in pen cap routine... THere's a few out there by people like Michael Ammar, probably David Williamson, and there's an awesome routine by Dave Neighbors in his Japan Lecture Notes. HE's a member, you can PM him about grabbing those notes.

Also look into Charlie Fry(spelling?) Material. I'm pretty sure he's pulled a few pens out his nose or something like that. GOOD LUCK.
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
Thanks a lot jquackc. You sound really enthusiastic about these routines and tricks so I'll check 'em out.

-jeff
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
If you find the right black & white BIC, you can also use it for a pen thru quarter.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Michael Ammar has a coin in cap routine. There are dozens out there. Williamson has a fun version of coin in cap... You can actually hear the coin rattling inside the cap. great fun, not too hard to do. I won't tip it here but it's on one of his DVDs.

I use re-cap all the time. First off, I use the pen for a magic wand in an earlier effect. Then it's a natural thing to start doing magic with the pen. I first do a flip stick vanish and re-production to get their attention, following up with Re-cap. If the spectator is receptive, I sometimes hand out the pen as a souvenier.. in fact, my Bic pens are imprinted with my name, phone number and website address... a great hand out (under 20 cents cost) when you have a prospective client.

There are also Bic style mood pens available. They can be lots of fun for doing magic as well. hope these suggestions are helpful!

Mr. Mediocre.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
Why won't you tip it here Mediocre the Great?

-jeff
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
If pen spinning is of interest try here:
http://www.pentrix.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
For a nice recap & flip stick routine, thre's a video of Cyrill on youtube that will give you some ideas.

Jim Ryan has a nice ring off rope/onto wand(or pen) effect. You can find it in the new Enc of Rope Tricks (p324), or a related effect in Wilson's Complete Course (p307).

Then you could do a cords of Phantasia type effect.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
The personalized pen logo is a great idea.
Thanks Rich
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Mediocre the Great,

if you ever want to use your bic pens as pen through bill, let me know I have a vesion of the pen through bill I call Bic wonder that I actually sell.

just in case my friend.

mano.
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
Thanks mano, but I actually already have made one.

-jeff
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
Just to add to my own thread. . . I have actually been using the bic pen caps for some cigarette manipulation. to end with different colored caps in between your fingers is just great.

-jeff
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
That's all the pen stuff?

-jeff
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Levitation or Pk moving with loops and the bic pen goes over well for me. Especially with a borrowed pen.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
Has any body seen this or an affect like this that doesn't use thread, wires, or magnets? and is it any good?

http://www.corbinmagic.com/risingpen.htm

-jeff
daniel_lachman
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of daniel_lachman
Hi Jeff.

I think you would really enjoy Compression (DVD).

"Visually Smash A Bic Pen Into One Half Its Original Size"

It will become available this month through online magic retailers throughout the U.S. and Europe.

-Daniel Lachman

Compression Demo: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WxMRPBKcq3g
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
I pm'd you a couple days ago about compression. I alredy am excited about it.

-jeff
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Compression releases on the 19th of October in the UK through magicshop.co.uk preorders are now being taken. The DVD's arrived at Murphys Magic Supplies yesterday, so international customers can order through their own local dealers worldwide.

Best wishes

Dominic Reyes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Bic Pen Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL