The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Really Linked! (Linking rubberbands) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hojeesum
View Profile
New user
Seattle
52 Posts

Profile of hojeesum
Hey Bernard

Your trick looks awesome. I was wondering if you could unlink the rubberbands after inspection?
clui
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of clui
Superb effect. Is there a way I can get it in Singapore?
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Can you use borrowed rubber bands for the effect? Any tedious set-up required?
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
magichoka,
Thanks, don't really have new products coming up soon but watch out for Scott's F. Guinn's books. Some of my routines are published in it.

hojeesum,
The bands are permanently linked and cannot be unlinked.

clui,
Sent you a PM.

cheezycool
The bands can't be borrowed. In the manuscript, I describe 2 ways of preparing the bands. Each method has its pros and cons. However, one of the method is very easy and can be prepared in less than a minute. Thanks.
Bernard Sim
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 34: Really Linked - Bernard Sim

AD:

Imagine the response you'll get when two separate rubber bands really link together! It's now possible with Bernard Sim's "Really
linked."

Two rubber bands are held, one at the fingertips of each hand. The bands magically link together and are handed out for immediate examination. Both hands are shown to be absolutely clean.

REVIEW:

The beginning of the effect is David Berger's Hypnotic Link (also published in Dan Harlan's Rubber Bands trilogy): the bands then "link" and are briefly shown to the audience. Mr Sim's video looks good, but the setup is awkward and cannot be done under fire; the cleanup move is impractical unless you have full space control.

My advice: buy the Harlan videos, you even get to see the wonderful L&L Tania Vasina in her teens.

Overall rating: weak

H.
dmk_kirkland
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of dmk_kirkland
Bernard, I really liked the demo. I'm going to have to check this out.
Cheers,
David
melish
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of melish
Can't reach the video site somehow...will try later though. Looking forward to it Bernard.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Harvey, I always do the set-up infront of spec. Of course this takes practice. The move is done under the cover of twisitng the hands. When you're not in a good condition to do the clean up move, just palm/ lap it (those who have it will know what I mean).
Thanks for the review.

Thanks David, I'm glad you like it.

Those who have problems with the site try here.

Thanks.
Bernard Sim
rseward
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of rseward
I just obtained this trick from Scott Guinn a few months ago. As I started reading the instructions I was impressed with how well they were written. The instructions are concise with excellent pictures that help explain exactly what you need to do in order to perform this trick. Kudos should be given to Bernard Sim for creating such a wonderful effect and Scott Guinn for his superb instructions.
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
Wow Bernard! amazing effect, is it a build it yourself thing or just a little prep necessary? Or is it impromptu?
laserbeam
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of laserbeam
This is a pretty cool band link. I haven't tried it out yet. Just read over the instructions. Sounds great though.
Omega
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Omega
Can you show the bands fairly at the begining and let them see that they are normal bands? If you cant show them as completely normal or let them see they are normal it really diminishes the effect IMO
Omega
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Omega
Can you show the bands fairly at the begining and let them see that they are normal bands? If you cant show them as completely normal or let them see they are normal it really diminishes the effect IMO

Either way it does look pretty nice
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Really Linked! (Linking rubberbands) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL