The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Band Of Hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JackTheRipper
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of JackTheRipper
Is this worth getting? Good, Bads and everything else?

Thanks
Tha Ripper
magicman2000
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of magicman2000
Hi Jack,
Whoops, sorry about that the air marshalls will have me arrested for that intro.

I would also like to hear from any one who has the book. I am interested in the Jack the Ripper plot to see if it would fit in with "Dear Boss".
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
I just received it and find it very good.

The Jack the Ripper effect is a great seance effect for a party where it doesn't matter if your spectators are drunk or not. It will probably sober them up right quickly.

If you are into the Ripper stuff you want to hang out in the Spooky forum here at the Café.

Other places you might want to check out are my site http://www.bizarremagick.com and Peter Marucci's online column at Vision's Online http://www.online-visions.com/bizarre/index.html

Enjoy,
Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
The is an excellent review of this in the current edition of Visions - the online magazine. Worth checking out.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 47: Band of the Hand – Docc Hilford

AD:

Murderous Mentalism That Will Kill Your Audience!
This bizarre booklet contains five of Docc's strongest effects, straight from his personal arsenal. These are tricks he's performed for live audiences for years.
Band of the Hand is a murderous group of five incredibly different and original mental effects, far removed from the "I know what you're thinking" type of mental tricks. Contains:
· Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper - a complete seance in your pocket!
· A Study in Scarlet - Take your audience through the dark in search of a murderer with the light of a single match!
· Swamp Water - Demonstrate control over pure evil contained in a jar of water which reveals things no one knows!
· Nightmare Coins - Turn a dream into a tangible nightmare that you can hold!
· Murder by Mail - Prove that you possess powers that can actually kill someone! WARNING: You may not want to perform this effect, it's too strong!
"The Nightmare Coins routine has found a permanent place in my close-up show." -Allen Zingg-Editor of Vibrations
"I can't perform Murder by Mail anymore-it's just too strong!" -Jim Magus
"Docc, Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper, take people to the edge of danger and bring them back safely!" -Tony Andruzzi

REVIEW:

Docc Hilford at his best. All the methods and psychological subtleties are thoroughly detailed, and are worth reading even if you will not perform the effects. Contents:
· a high-tech psychic bell you already own;
· a childish presentation of an old Punx idea with your box(es) of matches;
· a version of Wilbur Kattner’s 1945 Prolix Spirit (no credits. I ask: WHY????);
· a c/s coin equivoque;
· a macabre Headline Prediction.

Overall rating: very good

H.
Martin Carli
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal, Canada
108 Posts

Profile of Martin Carli
Hello,

I concur: this is definitely Docc at his best. I perform regularly two pieces, namely Swamp Water and Murder by Mail, the most satisfying Headline Prediction presentation around. But that may be just me...

Martin
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
I saw Docc Hilford lecture in Baltimore a few months ago. From "Band of Hand" he performed Swamp Water which is an excellent effect. He sometimes calls his magic "story magic" as the patter and presentation are vital to the sucess of the effect. For example Nightmare Coins is very strong and really an easy effect, its the presentation that makes it very strong. I enjoyed this book and especially enjoyed seeing his lecture.

Bottom line - it's worth getting!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Band Of Hand (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL