The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2007 entrée: Andrew Mayne » » Inspiration » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hi Andrew,
I've been a fan for some time now and have really enjoyed your work (especially "mind f/x," "Illusionbook," "Shock Magic," and "Ghost Vision." Oh yeah... and my kids really dig Wizard School. Smile )

Can you tell me (us)... Who or what was your original inspiration for getting into magic, and who are some of your current day inspirations and mentors?

Thanks!
Evan
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
My grandfather showed me my first magic trick. David Copperfield was the first magician I ever saw perform. I was also a big Penn & Teller fan. As I got older I began to appreciate Doug Henning.

When I found old videos of Joel Hodgson on SNL and Letterman I became a huge fan. Joel had an awesome comedy magic act. He and Steve Martin are presently my biggest influences.

As an inventor Jim Steinmeyer is my hero. He is a god among us mortals. I really mean that. If he'd gone into medicine he'd have cured cancer. Instead, we got him. We're all going to die sooner because of it, but we magicians lucked out in the near term.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
LOL!!

I have to agree, with regard to Steinmeyer. He's such a genius that I can only hope others recognize him for his true talent. Despite the malady I am sure to eventually succumb to, I am prouder to have him as a member of the magic fraternity than I would be to benefit from his potential in a hospital environment. Okay... call me selfish (you won't be the first...).

Steve Martin has been a hero of mine for as long as I can remember, and the thought of anyone other than myself remembering who the heck Joel Hodgson is (Jay Clay!!!) is beyond me.

Andrew...
Any plans to make your way up toward Seattle in the not too distant future? Have you ever heard of Kramien's Magic Jamboree (April 25 - 26, 2008)? I certainly hope to meet you one of these days.

Best regards,
Evan
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
I grew up outside of Portland. I've had my fill of nonstop rain. That said, I'd like to see Seattle again sometime in the near future.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2007 entrée: Andrew Mayne » » Inspiration » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL