The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Gigantic Balloons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy88
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
73 Posts

Profile of magicguy88
Where can I find a GIGANTIC rubber balloon that I can get into? I have seen performers do this stunt and want to know where they get the balloon and compressor. Sigfried and Roy do a levitation in which one of them actually floats inside one of these giant rubber balloons and it looks pretty cool. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Ryan Smile
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Try http://www.balloonhq.com . Larry Moss is the guy who runs the site and if it's about balloons and he doesn't know it, chances are that no one knows.

Good luck
magicguy88
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
73 Posts

Profile of magicguy88
ns,

Thanks so much for the info. I contacted Larry and you were right...he was able to help me out. You can see a picture of Larry performing a version of this stunt by cutting and pasting the following link.

http://moss.balloonhq.com/complete.php?p......;id=6115

Thanks again for your help.

Ryan

Smile
smile4wandini
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of smile4wandini
Lots of people are getting into balloons now-a-days... You can also find them online at ebay and most people use a leaf blower to inflate them. I hope this helps you out. Smile
www.smilephoto.com
The Great Wandini
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2815 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It's true that there are a number of people doing this bit, but that doesn't mean there should be a number of people doing this bit.

As far as I have been able to discover, Skip Banks was the first person to do this act and he has not given anyone else permission to do it. So, if you are going to perform it, just know that it is not some effect in the public domain, and you will be stealing someone else's material.
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Siegfried & Roy have a levitation which uses this. Been in their show for years.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Gigantic Balloons (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.052215 seconds, requiring 24 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [1] [7] [5] [5] [2] [4] [4]