The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » POP-CARD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Hey guys. It's been a bit, and I'm trying not to buy too many new things, but I came across this: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/master_o......oon1.htm

The trailer looks awesome and picked one up. I'll post a review once I get it. This looks really tight!
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Looks tasty!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Looks like a very fun effect.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
And messy.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
How would you carry a pop tart around all day...especialy if you need more then 1! Seems a little impractical right now.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Finally a solution to the card to pop tart plot that has troubled magicians for centuries.
P3
practice practice perform.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey guys, you are not carrying around just a poptart...that would be funny though...lol, actually the card is found inside the pop tart which is sealed inside the cellophane wrapping and inside the pop tart box and or a lunch bag. The effect is strong, and the patter and comedic routine supplied gives purpose to the entire plot. When I first saw this, I too was wondering how it would play out and then I saw the routine performed and it made perfect sense with the patter and routine that surrounded the effect.

The DVD production values are top notch and the video instructions given are easy and well delivered, and with a very very inexpensive price tag. Don't knock it until you try it. I know Steven and Michael have used this in their stage show with great reactions, but for just a little over $15 bucks this is worth picking just to be able to do at home for your friends and family.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey Peter,

I think many potential buyers, myself included, would love to know what the premise is that motivates and justifies the cards appearance.

I felt similar to some of the posters above when I heard the concept. I cocked my head to one side, shook it, and said "what?". I couldn't think of a justified reason to perform this (though, in all fairness, I didn't spend long thinking about it).

I look forward to your response!
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 08:48, ted french wrote:
Finally a solution to the card to pop tart plot that has troubled magicians for centuries.

LOL!!!!!
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
This has great potential. I own the effect and will say if you like the reaction that bill in lemon gets, now you'll get it in a card effect. There are different presentations for the effect. One nice element is the card reappearance is even more surreal, especially to those a few seats back, due to the pop tart jam completely covering the card. Lemon juice on a bill definately tells the one spectator by feel his card was in the lemon, but the colored jam covering the card also visually validates what happened. After the first time I did it, a woman walked up to me and said "How did you get the card inside the pop tart?, That was so fast and so impossible! I can't eat one that fast!
That comment told me a lot. So there it is. Have fun.
Sean
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Don't get me wrong, the location is impossible. I have no idea how one would go about loading something like that.

But, that's not my concern. My concern is- why?

Why this instead of inside a rotten melon? Or in the skull of a live dog? Or inside a briefcases that's been welded shut. All of them are impossible, and all of them are equally inane.

I would love to hear the motivation to inside a poptart (other then if you were performing, at breakfast time, in a dorm room).
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
Hi Ben
Just my 2 cents on your question, my mind thinks of the age old question; Is necessity the mother of invention, or vice versa in magic effects. I think magic effects originate from either process. As the purchaser it's your liberty to integrate the effect into your particular presentation. You may already realize this of course. Since Pop Card is one of many hundreds of more abstract style effects, it would probably be better served on it's own thread. That's just my thought.
Sean
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Nordatrax,

I don't think your question has some real answer. It's like why levitate a card instead of car? why penetrate a card through window instead of penetrating a bowling ball through window?
For me, magic is about displaying something that is impossible(and entertaining) in the eyes of the audience. If you can achieve that by appearing a card in a pop tart, then that's magic!
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in purchasing POP-CARD. This is truly an amazing effect. When we first thought of this effect we where puzzled on how the audience would react. Well we started performing the effect and the reactions are by far the most amazing reactions you will receive. We perform this effect in our stage show so the trick does play BIG on stage or you can take it to your restaurant.

Any questions please feel free to PM us or e-mail us.
Thank you again in advance and hope you enjoy performing this in front of your audience as we do.

Remember there are MANY presentations you can create around this trick, not just one.

Cheers,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It's funny. Bill in lemon is such a staple now of many magician's repetoires that no one questions it. I mean, it's been around for ages. But if you think about it, why make a bill appear in a lemon? I haven't personally seen a ton of variations but no one usually justifies the lemon other than, "Here's a bowl of lemons. Pick one." Spectators are still amazed.

So the question doesn't seem to me to be "why a pop tart?" but rather, "why not a pop tart"? Let's face it, the shape of a pop tart is perfect to conceal a full card. And based on some of the posts above, it does sound like there might be a good logical reason built into the routine.

I doubt I personally would do this as I am not a fan of "messy" tricks but it looks like it could be an incredibly fun routine.

BTW, the problem with weilded shut briefcases and dog skulls is that they're not portable. Otherwise I'd be all over "Card To Fido's Noggin!" Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
For those that wish not to have a messy trick as stated by Cameron we have provided in the DVD a alternative ending that takes away the mess and leaves you clean.

Cheers,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
There is no reason needed for effects. You want the spectator to be surprised. For example, pretending like the card will appear in a nest of 100 sealed envelopes, the card appears in a Pop-tart! The spectators would like that better than the card appearing in the envelopes. This has got to be one of the most creative effect I have ever seen. Thank you so much for releasing this!
Lance Richardson
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Lance Richardson
You ask why make a signed card re-appear in a Pop Tart, I say way not!!!
Magic is all about mystery and surprise, the motivation is to do the impossible. How freaking boring just to pick a card and have it return to the deck, hell why even have them pick a card in the first place, just tell them what they were going to pick and move on.

I feel Pop Card is a unique way to do the old pick a card trick but with a twist. Not only is there a built in routine there is a familiar object that the card re-appears in. We ALL grew up with Pop Tarts and we all know there sealed in a wrapper that’s sealed inside a box, good god what a great built in proving move.
As magicians we use ordinary objects to make our audiences feel at ease and less suspicious about what we are going to do. Pop Card fits the bill and is a cool new way to the same old trick.
A few months ago I had the pleasure of seeing this effect preformed live and I must say it worked great and surprised me. I think the magician took a lunch break during the show and offered his volunteer a Pop Tart snack, then low and behold there was the card inside the Pop tart.

Good idea Steven & Michael,

Lance
magicmode
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of magicmode
Steven & Michael,

I'm glad to see that this effect is finally going to be on the market. I thought it was a great idea when you told me about it awhile back and can't wait to try it out. I've already got a few ideas of how to routine this effect with other props. I know you're going to sell a ton of these!

Michael
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
How examinable is the pop tart with the card in it before the corner is bitten off?

Nick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » POP-CARD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL