The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell's Remote Control Animatronic Characters (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46~47~48..54..59..64..69..74..75~76~77 [Next]
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Ax,

what would be an approximate timeline for the programmable magic puppets.

jeffr
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
We aren't sure yet Jeff, sorry. There is a team of techs working on finishing the project. When it's done and tested I'll let you know!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

No worries and please take your time. I'll be off now so I can collect some more bottles to help save up for the balance.LOL
jeff
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Hey.....While you're at the recycling center, talk to them about your great big idea to raise more community awareness about the environment and their recycling service. When you get your chimp you can have a well promoted event where your chimp is set up near the collection area and in a live fashion with a sound system you can talk to the crowd and thank them for recycling and for helping keep the environment clean....you can promote the recycling center and also have fun with the crowd asking the kids what they will be doing with all the money they just picked up from the bottles,etc. They will be amazed at the set up and will gather all around. Let the newspaper know that you will be there, and let them do a story on you and your chimp puppet. The story will bring you lots of jobs and other businesses will want you to bring the chimp to their events. Parents will read that you do birthday parties, schools will like the environmental theme, you'll be booked all over town with the Chimp (or Toucan in other cases). If the Chimp has the two animated arms you can put a plastic bottle in one hand, and a fist full of cash in his other hand. He can raise the arm holding the bottle when talking about recycling...and raise the hand with the money to talk about the payoff...for them and for the environment. There is no limit to where these can fit in.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

I'm very excited about using my programmable Magic Chimp. I have no doubt that I will recoup the cost in no time. It will be great for the users to have a forum which describes the many ways that it can be used.

jeff
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Thanks! I'm working on the Axtell Hands-Free Puppet Owners Group Forum now. That's where the details and the action will be!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

That's great news for those of us who just can't wait to get our hands on this little friends. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

jeff
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Ax:

How'd the first shipment go.....?

--Jon
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
It went incredibly well. The team of 5 were huddled around the first Toucan to be shipped, going over serial numbers, checking and double checking each part, each movement, each seam, over bubble wrapping everything, consulting with UPS, packaging... it was fun! Lot's to celebrate.

Yesterday Greg also discovered a way to make the MagicTrax even better sounding with a new encoder for the mp3 outlet, so he's rockin' in the Studio department too!

On top of all this we had visitors from Germany here to see it, and also a veteran consultant from the Walt Disney company. Jim worked with Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios during the heyday and was a celebrity actor at the Golden Horseshoe Review. Jim was very familiar with the inner workings of the animatronics and as I was showing him our Hands-Free system, he said he couldn't get over how much I reminded him of Walt Disney showing off their audio-animatronics in the early Disney documentary films. He said the big difference was that ours moved much better and more lifelike than anything he'd ever seen! I must say that it's because Ron and his tech team are the best and listen to my every dream... like the tilt angle of the head, or lean angle of the body, or degree of mouth closure, or wireless MotorMouth... they always find a way to pull it off.

Here is a photo of Jim operating the Toucan with the new wireless MotorMouth!

Here is Wolfgang, the entertainer from Germany showing it to his young family.

Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of Wizzo the wizard
Well I know what that feels like being at Steves studio trying to take it all in! I 've just downloaded some of the Magictrax. I had the help of Greg to point me in the right direction. With Greg's help it was so much easier. I will be using my bird in a 2 magic show tomorrow to see how he goes down. He wiil be used just at the end to see the reactions of the kids and grown ups.I will let you all know how it went! I have almost had my bird a month now and the feeling hasn't gone. I still get excited using him!

Louis
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Louis,

You have something that most (sane) magical entertainers would love to have! I'm so looking forward to hearing your report back on the Toucan's first show. Please let us know all the juicy details as soon as you can.

jeff
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Boy was I nervous. It was really important that the shows went well as always, but more so because I was going to use the bird for the first time.The bird was behind my backdrop and out of the way. Everything was switched off. So all I had to do was to tell the children that I was going to bring someone to meet them all and then switch it all on.I had the mic running into the transmitter which in return played the sound through the PA, which is so good. So I switched on the mic then the transmitter then the PA and lastly the bird. This only took a few seconds. Now on the mp3 player I had already paused the Magictrax that was needed. So as soon as the power came on the Magictrax would play straight away after a few seconds. So I had enough time to bring out the bird which was moving and looking around, I then asked Tommy The Toucan a question and with hat he burst into live and the short routine went well. I could see the adults and children smiling and I knew they were impressed! As for reactions I will be totally honest. As the routine was a short piece. the children didn't get time to know what Tommy was like. They didn't know his personality. I know that they loved him by their reactions to the word he was saying. It was making them laugh. I placed this at the end of my show as I wanted to get a feel for him. The children sat and watched and I could see that they were enjoying the food rap by Tommy. He looked fantastic in the show. Plus it gave me more confident using him in a show. One of the adults came over and said that she thought the bird was great and she was really impressed at the timing of how the bird was looking at me every time I moved. She said that the bird looked at you at the right time everytime. This was nice to hear. Overall, was it a success, you bet. It ran smoothly, the children loved him. I just know when I use him in a routine that is the right length he will go down a storm. The Magictrax I have on my bird are short bits of dialogue and not a complete script. However I do believe Steve and Greg are working on one to be sent via email very soon. So to expect the children to really know him in such a short time wasn't going to happen! But they sure did love him!!!

Louis
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Here is a picture of Tommy. http://www.axtell.com/remote/birdseedlouis.jpg[/img] At the moment I have the PA in the bag below. But like Steve said to me he feels it's to close to his tail and would be better if the bird was more free on the perch, and I do agree with Steve. But for the time being it will do for now until I come up with something else.

Louis
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

OOPS sorry don't know how I did that. I wiil try and sort that out.
Louis
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Here's the photo Louis.. just missing the first part of the code.

Glad it went good. You can see the intro of the character and to give him a purpose in your show is important. He's your assistant, or he wants to sing a song, or whatever. Great experiment and great report!
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Louis,

It sounds like you had a very successful first run with your bird...congrats!

Like anything it's going to take some serious thought, trial and reflection to maximize their potential. I'm excited to receive mine and as well to hear how others are making out with their puppets.

jef
Ron Palmer
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Ron Palmer
Louis,

Way to go. Making us proud. Remember, do not feed Tommy after midnight (PST)

Ron
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Good job, Louis. It's important to test new routines and puppets in a real show. You'll soon be familiar with Tommy, and your nerves will disappear.
Potty Smile
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

It was late when I copied the code over Sorry about that. Yes Potty the nerves will soon go. But you know what it's like when it's the first time trying something new in your show. It feels odd at first. But I can't wait until the next time!
Louis

Actually Ron I don't feed him, well not any more. I found it was clogging up the servos!
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Just a quick update. I had to go and drop something of to the people I did the show for yesterday. The dad asked me about Tommy the Toucan. He said that he thougt it was amazing, something you would see on a TV show. He was really impressed. It's really good to know that people are blown away with the puppet. Everyone who has seen him all fall in love with him!

Louis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell's Remote Control Animatronic Characters (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46~47~48..54..59..64..69..74..75~76~77 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL