The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Animated Shoelace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
I have both ASL and STS and they both have their pros and cons. Different people will like them differently. What suits one person may not suit the other and vice versa.

STS is great and have a convinient setup. You can have it installed in your pants and you are ready to go for the week or two or longer that you don't wash your pants! Anytime you go out, you just need to wear the pants and put on the correct pair of shoes and you are ready for the whole day! The cons is that you need to wear long pants, which isn't much of an issue, but some may say it's not that visual. The good thing is that you end clean, you can take off your shoe and pass it to people for close-up micro examination! I rate it 7 out of 10.

ASL is also wonderful and the PROs about it is that you can do it in short pants and it is visual!!! You cannot pass out your shoe for examination on this, which there's no reason you need to anyway!! and no one would want to anyway! Specs can still kneel down and have a close look at your shoe and the gimmick will still be not clear to them. The cons is that the setup is a bit more trick and there's chance of you breaking the gimmick through out the day when wearing it. Don't underestimate it as this is a visual effect and has impact! It gets slightly lower points from my point of view because of the setup that requires a bit more care. I rate it 5.5 out of 10.

I say they are both closely rated and both are great! But it's all depend on your style. What other people like might not be to your liking and vice versa.
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
Hey Dmann,
considering you are the 100% owner of the animated shoelace, any related comments you make are taken with a grain of salt. Your opinions are also biased. Going after magicman4646 for his review of your product is in very poor taste. I know of many people who have said the same thing as magicman4646 about animated shoelace. You're coming off as a bully pushing around a teenager. I don't know how old you are, but the kid is showing more class than you. I just thought you should know that.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Free-loader with a very rich "Sugar Mamma" WOW and you are the one to talk!!
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
And by the way I own animated shoelaces! Dave just sales it for my.
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 03:52, JeremyM0411 wrote:
Free-loader with a very rich "Sugar Mamma" WOW and you are the one to talk!!

Wow, that's the best you got? How creative of you.(lol) Pretty pathetic actually, but thanks for letting me know you own the trick, cause now that I see that you can't even be creative enough to insult me, I have to conclude that you lack in that department.
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
Quote:
On 2009-01-19 21:33, Dmann wrote:
I just saw this topic and was at first amazed to see anyone talking about this product. Then when I read the posts here I was kind of shocked and disappointed that magicman4646 disliked Animated Shoe Laces so much. You are entitled to your opinion and you’re not alone but we all have opinions and are entitled to them as well. But, let me set the record straight. Neither Justin nor the creator of Animated Shoe Laces; Jeremy Moncrief, work for me, and as a matter of fact neither does anyone else. I am the owner of the Product 100 percent and even though we have sold over 10,000 units there are people out there in the Market that don't like it or never use it. The methods are completely different and as they say different strokes for different folks is a good adage to apply here. So, let’s try to keep this topic civil or the powers that be may just lock it up and throw away the key… lol

Sounds like he's claiming 100% ownership to me.

Before you think about starting a flame war to get this thread locked, I will not be responding to any other comments from you. This thread is for those who have bought AS and are giving their honest reviews. You may not like what people are saying, but they are being honest. Just remember, how you present yourself here will affect potential future sales of AS. You'd think you would already know that.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Dmann and JeremyM0411:

You need to learn that for every product you release, some people are not going to like it. Let them be, there is no need to bash them. Everyone has different opinions, some you might not agree with, but you can't help what they think. Bashing someone just because they don't like your product really shows what kind of business you run. I now know where I am NOT going to buy another product from again.
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
I stumbled into this thread and just want to put in my two cents. I have both Animated Shoe Laces and STS, both have their merits. Magicman4646 just doesn't like Animated Shoe Laces, so be it, that's his opinion. Personally I think that it's a great concept which gets great reactions from those that witness it. Yes the initial instructions were.............bad, but this was corrected. I can never understand why some take others opinions so personal, its not a personal attack, its their opinion, just as your opinion is yours, no right or wrong.
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
Dmann you are lucky the masked magician didn't decide to reveal your animated shoelace on national TV, as he had just done to your competition probably cos it was more common...
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
And a lot more popular.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 17:49, jprace wrote:
My opinion is MY opinion. It can't be wrong. Maybe you need the definition of opinion. If you have a dictionary by you please look it up. I THINK THIS IS A TERRIBLE PRODUCT AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. That's my opinion, hence the "I THINK."

The instructions say the thread is going up the back of your leg attaching to the center belt loop. If this means the thread is going INSIDE your pants the instructions are written very, very poorly.

Fooling a magician is sometimes easier than fooling a layman.

I'd never mess with Jeff Prace!

Jeff, thanks for the honest review.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
WOW! This is an old thread. For those of you that don't know I released Animated Shoelaces in the June Linking Rings issue.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Sorry I misspoke. It was the May Issue of the linking rings. Sorry.
nbl
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of nbl
.....I am going to get this.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Animated Shoelace (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL