The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » coins across (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hobbymagic
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
61 Posts

Profile of hobbymagic
Any suggestions for a non-gimmic coins across that is done in the hands (no coins to a table).
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
Again, I refer interested parties to Paul Cummins' wonderful coin magic video, "Up in Smoke." He has a great in-the-hands coins across routine as well as a lot of other great coin magic.
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
248 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
If you are working one-on-one, there is a coins across routine in one of Paul Harris' early books that just looks great to the assistant. Apologies, but I can't recall which book.
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The Paul Harris Effect is called "PDQ" from his Art of Astonishment series.

The Paul Cummins effect "Underhanded Coins Across" reminds me very much of "PDQ" done with palm up display's instead of palm down ones. I too echo Joe's statements regarding Paul Cummins' video.

David Stone performed an effect called "One Way" on his Coin Magic volume 2 video. This is based on a Gary Kurtz routine and is a coins across to a spectator's hand routine using ungimmicked coins. You may like this routine as well.
Click to visit:
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
You may wish to try Greg Wilson's 3/4 across on his video "On the Spot". I like Paul Harris's PDQ very much, it is in Book 2 of AOA.
Bernard Sim
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Check out Chris Kenners book "Out of Control". In it is a gem called OOSPCA. (Only One Shuttle Pass Coins Accross) It is a 4 coins from hand to hand routine. But only uses 1 (count 'em) 1 shuttle pass. And still all 4 coins travel. 1 move! It's a killer!

Chad
ps...this book is full of other great items as well. I would recommend it to you, but then you will be performing stuff that I do! ...oohhh competition.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
The coins across that I do is a mixture of Harris's "PDQ" and Richard Sanders' "My Cupped Hands Runneth Over". Both are very effective coins across routines using the great Hang Ping Chien Move.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Abacus
View Profile
New user
Australia
44 Posts

Profile of Abacus
I use Ammar's "simple coins across" from his coin magic dvd. Its not fancy, but its simple and easy. You couldn't trick a magician but its good enough for the average joe. No back palms, no shuttle passes, just needs to be smooth.

Ben
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
I use a combination of David Roth's copper/silver (vol. 3) and some sleeving I learned from Cloutier's video.

That's just a copper/silver transposition which climaxes with a transposition in the hands of the spectator. It's one of the most unexplainable effects I do for laymen.

As for a four-coins-across-routine it's more improvisation but no doubt shuttle and click passes as well as sleeving come in handy. If you're interested, I shall explain two quite practical moves for the first and second coin that goes across; Just email me.

I very, very highly recommend Roth's tapes, they are an encyclopedia and though sometimes the moves are not explained in all detail you can learn a h**l-of a lot from them.
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Jay Sankey's Mr Clean Coins Across is by far my favorite. If you're into coins and haven't got his new vid, The Revolutionary coin magic of Jay Sankey, you're definitely missing something. Smile
Yakworld.
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
Had some good reactions with Daryls 3fly
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Larry Jennings' "Standing Three Eagles".

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Ben7217
View Profile
New user
Happy Magic
20 Posts

Profile of Ben7217
Flying Eagles. It's in BoBo's, it's good. Also if you know just some simple sleights you can do many coins across. Shuttle pass, click pass and even just a stantard vanish can get you places. Oh well hope I helped.
korneille
View Profile
New user
québec/canada
44 Posts

Profile of korneille
I personally like Dan Sylvesters version in his video Sylvester-pitch 98 Smile
"if we don’t take action now we settle for

nothing later we’ll settle for nothing now

and we’ll settle for nothing later!"

rage against the machine
Bird Brain
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Bird Brain
I have Paul Wilson's Video "Knock 'Em Dead", and that has a coins across type effect...I guess it's similar to 3-fly....I ain't sure, cuz I've never seen 3-fly. ANYway, it's called "Crowded Coins", and it's really nice, AND pretty easy to do! Well, I haven't done it for anyone yet, but it doesn't have a bunch of hard sleights.

Bird Brain
Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American Dreams, All of which are American Dreams
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
"Crowded Coins" is Paul's 3 Fly routine, so yes you have seen a 3 fly routine now Smile

And a very good version at that.
Click to visit:
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi,
You might try my Backhanded coins across.
It's on the coinpurse site. http://www.coinmagic.com

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » coins across (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL