The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Mayne - CastleMaynia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Well guys, Just got this in and I must say I am very, very impressed. First, everything from the packaging, to the DVD and to the actual "CastleMaynia" itself is high quality.

The CastleMaynia is easy to assemble and only takes 10-20 minutes. Just follow the DVD for step-by-step instructions and you will be done in no time. Andrew also includes several ideas on how to present and use the CastleMaynia which helps get other ideas running through your head as there are tons of cool applications you'll be able to come up with on your own.

I am very impressed by this and I think it will be fun adding in my strolling work as well as stage. That's the best thing about this product, it's versatile. Oh did I mention it's only $15?

For guys interested in manipulation, I highly suggest ordering 2,3, or even 4 of these puppies. At that low price per castle you cannot go wrong!

Highly Recommended! Simply genius.

A+++
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Are these three dimensional?
Aim To Amaze
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
I love Andrew Mayne. He's a clever guy. A lot of it's not my style, but I still love his stuff, and own a lot of it. I watched the demo of Castlemania, and it looked pretty weak.

I'm glad to hear that it's much better than the demo looked. I may reconsider now.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Quote:
On 2007-11-18 01:29, montemagic wrote:
Are these three dimensional?

You can find a picture of the castle here, http://itricks.com/store/
In another thread Andrew said that they will be selling extra castles, 2 for $10 bucks!
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
How are you planning on working this into your act Eddy? It is practical to have on you at all times?
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Quote:
On 2007-11-19 03:01, JohnEBlaze wrote:
How are you planning on working this into your act Eddy? It is practical to have on you at all times?

Since it packs so small you can fit it in a card box or even your wallet. My plan is to use it in strolling magic when I do kid events and perhaps use it as a card revelation. Andrew covers the idea on the DVD of forcing a card, then the card the was chosen is the top card on the castle.

For stage I am not sure yet how I may want to add it in but Andrew does suggest to use the CastleMania the same way the jumbo card fans productions are done. Bascially I may end up using it as a suprise production in the midst of some card manip. I want to get a few more of the castles so I can split them in 2 or more Smile
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
Christopher has been using it as a climax after card to wallet. He says it gives it a nice pop.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3496 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
While I have most of Mr. Mayne's other effects which are extremely well made and creative, the demo of this particular item is not impressive. The card "castle" does nto look anything like a typical card castle and looks very flat, two dimensional. It costs only around $13.00 and the quality appears to accurately reflect the price. I was not impressed whatsoever with it. But again I have enjoyed Mr. Mayne's prior effects but this one seems to lack the same quality as his other products.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Andrew couldn't make it look good on the demo. I was surprised. OK, it's not expensive, but it looks bad. I mean, really bad. Not liek a qulaity prop, but soemthing I would glue together in an attempt to make it.

PASS!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Quote:
On 2007-11-27 17:07, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Andrew couldn't make it look good on the demo. I was surprised. OK, it's not expensive, but it looks bad. I mean, really bad. Not liek a qulaity prop, but soemthing I would glue together in an attempt to make it.

PASS!

Right!
It looks horrible!

Greetings from Germany
andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
Watching a video that you *know* is about an appearing card castle and then seeing it done five times is not the same experience as being a spectator and having this thing appear right in your face unexpectedly.

Christopher uses it as the finale for his card to wallet effect at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas and Mandalay Bay. His audiences love it. If it's good enough for them...it's at least worth looking into a little more deeply.

Take a look at some of the comments from people who are actually using it. Eric DeCamps called me up two days ago to tell me how much he loves it. Morgan Strebler was raving about it on the Magic Week in Review. I didn't solicit an opinion from either!

This effect may not be for you, the real proof is in the audience reactions. So far they've been great. Your mileage may vary.

I'll send a free one to the first seven people who email me at andrew@itricks.com for them to play with. Just put "Castle Café" in the subject line.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
I love the idea. I went by the demo video and thought it didn't look good. But, it's a demo video. If it gets gasps for Morgan, Eric, etc. then that's what everyone should go by. Notice I'm not working at Mandalay Bay.

Andrew is a very talented fellow and I hope this is his best seller!

andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
"Andrew is a very talented fellow and I hope this is his best seller!"

Can I just quote you on that part? (I kid, I kid)
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1777 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
To the audience what would a "typical card castle" look like? Seems like a moot point to me.
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
Great point tboehnlein.

Ron Jaxon is raving about this as well...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

Does anyone know what Morgan said on the Magic Week in Review?
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I was just thinking this might be a nice production as a climax at the end of a dream bag (flower box) routine. I know there are even small flower boxes that look like cards on the front, you could add in CastleMaynia as the last production.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-11-30 06:25, andrewmayne wrote:
"Andrew is a very talented fellow and I hope this is his best seller!"

Can I just quote you on that part? (I kid, I kid)

That does make a iuce quote. Yes, please use it!!

Hey, could you have a card selected, signed, tossed into a bag with a deck of cards, shake the bag and then....pull out the card catsle with the selected card on front ( using double stick tape or something ). I would think that would be a shocker and killer effect.

Just thining out loud.

andrewmayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
142 Posts

Profile of andrewmayne
"Hey, could you have a card selected, signed, tossed into a bag with a deck of cards, shake the bag and then....pull out the card catsle with the selected card on front ( using double stick tape or something ). I would think that would be a shocker and killer effect. "

Absolutely.

Along those lines I have a new effect coming out where you rip the centers out of 20 cards, link them all together and a selected card is the last card on the link. It's a kind of linking ring/card stab effect. And you can produce a CastleMaynia at the end of it...
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Definitely looking forward to this. Review forthcoming. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-12-01 03:55, andrewmayne wrote:
"Hey, could you have a card selected, signed, tossed into a bag with a deck of cards, shake the bag and then....pull out the card catsle with the selected card on front ( using double stick tape or something ). I would think that would be a shocker and killer effect. "

Absolutely.

Along those lines I have a new effect coming out where you rip the centers out of 20 cards, link them all together and a selected card is the last card on the link. It's a kind of linking ring/card stab effect. And you can produce a CastleMaynia at the end of it...

Then CastleMaynia would be a fantastic way to reveal the card. I should have thought about how I cold use this before I made comemnts about the demo.

Appologies to Andrew and anyone else that I may have offended!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Mayne - CastleMaynia (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL